Digital TV News: Matthew Huntington
HbbTV Association to develop operator application specification
Apr 7, 2016 – The HbbTV Association has announced that it will create a specification for operator applications, based on the existing HbbTV 2.0 specification. An 'operator application' is an application offered by a TV service provider that runs on a TV or a Set Top Box.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Freesat, Klaus Illgner, Matthew Huntington, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Freesat licenses TVbeat TV audience analytics
Mar 17, 2016 – Freesat has announced that it is working with TVbeat, a real-time cross-screen TV audience attribution company, to gain insights into how its customers are using the connected TV service.
News categories: Freesat, TVbeat, Matthew Huntington, Laurence Miall d'Aout, Advertising, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box
UK's Freesat announces technology partnership with LG
Sep 21, 2015 – Freesat, the subscription free satellite TV service in the UK, and LG have announced a strategic partnership to provide the Freesat service on LG’s new and existing satellite enabled smart TVs.
News categories: Freesat, LG Electronics, Matthew Huntington, Andy Mackay, Digital TV, Satellite, Smart TV, UK
FreeTV Alliance releases common Remote Control Specification
Mar 23, 2015 – The FreeTV Alliance has announced the availability of the first of its suite of technical specifications. The Remote Control Specification provides a way for an operator's mobile application to control the viewing experience on the TV screen.
News categories: FreeTV Alliance, Freesat, Tivù, Alberto Sigismondi, Matthew Huntington, Digital TV, France, Germany, Italy, Middleware, Satellite, UK
Freesat and SeaChange debut connected TV platform at IBC2014
Sep 12, 2014 – Freesat and SeaChange (Nasdaq:SEAC) have announced that they have partnered on a platform that integrates Freesat's Freetime electronic program guide (EPG) with the SeaChange Adrenalin multi-screen television platform.
News categories: SeaChange, Freesat, Matthew Huntington, Andrei Noppe, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
S3 Group unveils StormTest Warning Center
Aug 26, 2014 – S3 Group has introduced StormTest Warning Center as part of its end-to-end service validation portfolio. Warning Center is a cloud-based video service monitoring and validation platform designed to ensure peak performance of video services on devices across the entire network.
News categories: S3 Group, Irdeto, Freesat, John Maguire, Rory O'Connor, Matthew Huntington, Content Distribution, IBC2019, QoE, UK, Worldwide
'Freesat HD with freetime' box from Humax launches in UK
Sep 12, 2013 – Freesat, the UK's subscription-free satellite TV service, has announced the launch of a new Freesat HD with freetime box. The freetime box is manufactured by Humax and will be available to buy from the 12th of September.
News categories: Humax, Freesat, Matthew Huntington, Graham North, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
- TV sets still dominate video entertainment consumption
- MENA SVOD revenues to triple
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues