Digital TV News: Maurice van Riek
HD+ in Germany deploys TVkey Cloud by NAGRA and Samsung
Sep 10, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Samsung have announced that HD PLUS is the first operator to deploy TVkey Cloud on its HD+ satellite platform. TVkey Cloud brings pay-TV services directly to Smart TVs equipped with TVkey hardware root of trust.
News categories: NAGRA, Samsung, HD+, Maurice Van Riek, John Adam, Georges Agnes, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, IBC2019, Satellite, Smart TV
Telefónica deploys NAGRA content protection on Movistar IPTV worldwide
Jan 8, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Telefónica has deployed the NAGRA Security Services Platform (SSP) managing the NAGRA Connect client to secure its Movistar IPTV service and 4K Ultra HD content in multiple countries with newest STBs.
News categories: NAGRA, Telefónica, Maurice Van Riek, CES, Content Protection, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Latin America, Set Top Box
Novatek TV chipsets to natively support NAGRA Connect and TVkey Cloud
Jan 7, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Novatek have announced that Novatek’s next generation TV chipsets will natively support both NAGRA Connect and TVkey Cloud. NAGRA Connect and TVkey Cloud are managed from the NAGRA Cloud.SSP Security-as-a-Service platform.
News categories: NAGRA, Novatek, Maurice Van Riek, J.H. Chang, CES, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
NAGRA and Samsung launch TVkey Cloud smart TV security
Sep 14, 2018 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S), with Samsung, has announced the launch of TVkey Cloud, the next generation Enhanced Content Protection for Smart TVs equipped with TVkey hardware based root of trust. TVkey Cloud builds on the existing TVkey specification deployed in the market today.
News categories: NAGRA, Samsung, Maurice Van Riek, CAM, Digital TV, IBC2019, Smart TV, Worldwide
NAGRA offers end-to-end content value protection ecosystem for Android TV
Sep 13, 2018 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced support for Android TV with an end-to-end content value protection ecosystem. NAGRA has expanded support for Android TV via an ecosystem driven from cloud.SSP, its cloud-enabled Security Services Platform.
News categories: NAGRA, Maurice Van Riek, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2019, Set Top Box, Worldwide
TVkey adds forensic watermarking with NexGuard
Sep 18, 2017 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Samsung have announced NexGuard as the first forensic watermarking solution approved for use with TVkey. The TVkey USB dongle offers a secure way for pay TV operators to bring advanced services directly to TV sets.
News categories: NAGRA, Samsung, NexGuard, Maurice Van Riek, Hyogun Lee, CAM, Digital TV, IBC2019, Smart TV, Watermarking, Worldwide
NexGuard partners with Ericsson to launch Network ID watermarking
Sep 5, 2017 – NexGuard has announced its Network ID product, launched as a technology partnership with Ericsson, at IBC 2017. NexGuard’s Network ID solution inserts a unique invisible and robust forensic watermark in primary distribution feeds for linear TV, be it satellite or fiber.
News categories: NexGuard, Ericsson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, Watermarking, Worldwide
MStar announces support for Nagra's TVkey
Jan 4, 2017 – NAGRA and MStar Semiconductor have announced MStar’s plan to adopt the TVkey direct-to-TV security technology in its EMC SoCs for 4K Ultra HD HDR televisions, pending finalization of the new TVkey licensing body.
News categories: NAGRA, MStar Semi, CES, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
NAGRA and Samsung to license TVkey technology to third parties
Jan 3, 2017 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Samsung have announced that they will create a corporate body to license their TVkey technology to industry stakeholders. The body will enable open market access to the solution by licensing TVkey technology to third-party chipset, TV, dongle and conditional access (CAS) vendors.
News categories: NAGRA, Samsung, Maurice Van Riek, JongHee Han, CES, Content Protection, Digital TV, Licensing, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Pay TV subscriptions exceed 1 billion
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box