Digital TV News: Maxlinear
ViXS reports first quarter fiscal 2018 results
Jun 7, 2017 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has reported results for the period ending April 30, 2017. Revenues for the quarter totaled $4.8 million, down from $7.7 million in the previous quarter, primarily due to the sale of the company's legacy MoCA product line.
News categories: ViXS, Results, Semiconductor, Worldwide
MaxLinear tuner chosen for 'Air HDTV' streaming OTA STB
Jan 6, 2017 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that its MxL603 global terrestrial tuner has been chosen for Air HDTV, an over-the-air (OTA) antenna/set-top box (STB) designed by Wireless Innovations Group.
News categories: MaxLinear, Wireless Innovation Group, ViXS Systems, Morega Systems, Will Torgerson, Henry Cooper, Perry Chappell, Ashraf Tahir, Digital TV, Gateway, Mobile, Semiconductor, Terrestrial, Worldwide
ViXS partners with MaxLinear, Morega Systems and GIEC on 'EasyOTA' dual streamer
Jan 5, 2017 – ViXS Systems has announced a collaboration with MaxLinear, Morega Systems and GEIC on a Dual Tuner Over-the-Air (OTA) Streaming solution called 'EasyOTA'. EasyOTA converts ATSC OTA signals and transforms them to IP format for viewing on a variety of devices.
News categories: ViXS Systems, MaxLinear, Morega Systems, GEIC, Anselmo Pilla, Will Torgerson, Ashraf Tahir, Aileen Liu, CES2021, Digital TV, Gateway, Mobile, Semiconductor, Terrestrial, USA, Worldwide
MaxLinear and MStar develop cable gateway reference design for China
Jan 4, 2017 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) and MStar Semiconductor have announced a joint reference design that allows Chinese cable operators to deploy the next generation of ultra-high definition (UHD) smart cable gateway set-top boxes (STB).
News categories: MaxLinear, MStar Semi, Will Torgerson, Wayne Tsai, Cable TV, CES2021, China, Digital TV, Gateway, Semiconductor
MaxLinear and HiSilicon show cable STB reference design at CES2017
Jan 3, 2017 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) and HiSilicon have announced joint reference designs to address ultra-high definition (UHD) and high definition (HD) smart cable gateway set-top boxes (STB).
News categories: MaxLinear, HiSilicon, Will Torgerson, John Liu, Cable TV, CES2021, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
RSCRYPTO partners with SMI for key management
Dec 13, 2016 – RSCRYPTO has announced a partnership with SypherMedia International (SMI). RSCRYPTO plans to present its CAS-PHI CAS in the first quarter of 2017. As an 'Independent Trust Authority', SMI is to manage the keys for operators.
News categories: RSCRYPTO, SypherMedia International, Levent Le, Dr. Ron Cocchi, Dennis Flaharty, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
MaxLinear and Realtek target reference design at 4K UHD satellite PVR market
Sep 12, 2016 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) and Realtek have announced a set-top box (STB) reference design that enables satellite pay-TV operators to deploy multichannel Ultra HD broadcast services in a low power, cost-optimized form factor.
News categories: MaxLinear, Realtek, Will Torgerson, Angus Lee, Digital TV, DVR, IBC2020, Satellite, Semiconductor, Worldwide
MaxLinear offers three-channel satellite receiver for HD/UHD PVRs
Sep 12, 2016 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced the MxL532C, a three-tuner satellite receiver for personal video recorder STBs. The MxL532C integrates MaxLinear’s Full-Spectrum Capture satellite tuner technology with three demodulators.
News categories: MaxLinear, Will Torgerson, Digital TV, DVB-S2, DVR, IBC2020, ICs, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
MaxLinear receivers power Sky Deutschland Ultra HD Sky+ Pro STB
Sep 9, 2016 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that its Full-Spectrum Capture satellite and cable front-end receivers have been selected by Sky Deutschland for a new personal video recorder (PVR) for Germany and Austria.
News categories: MaxLinear, Sky Deutschland, Will Torgerson, Gerard Duffy, Austria, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Germany, Satellite, Semiconductor
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- Strong recovery expected for Mexico’s video entertainment market
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020