Digital TV News: Media Distillery
3SS, Media Distillery and XroadMedia offer AI-based UX personalisation for Android TV
Dec 6, 2019 – 3SS, with Media Distillery and XroadMedia, has created an end-to-end video experience platform which enables Android TV providers to make Linear-on-Demand (LoD) a reality. LoD collects and curates video assets from a diverse range of sources and assembles them in a personalized linear experience.
News categories: 3SS, Media Distillery, XroadMedia, Kai-Christian Borchers, Roland Sars, Tom Dvorak, Android TV, Big Data, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
Media Distillery launches Cloud AI platform with Eutelsat
Sep 4, 2019 – Media Distillery has launched its Cloud-based AI platform, with Eutelsat as the first partner. Media Distillery AI uses Deep Content Understanding to provide Next Generation Metadata, including faces, speech, topics, logos and text recognition.
News categories: Media Distillery, Eutelsat, Roland Sars, Bruno Cattan, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
YouSee and Media Distillery use AI to enhance the TV viewing experience
Aug 27, 2019 – YouSee and Media Distillery have announced that they have partnered on the use of AI to improve the television viewing experience and to provide a clean on-demand experience, offering an experience similar to that of online video subscription services.
News categories: Media Distillery, YouSee, Roland Sars, Henrik Harder, Big Data, Cable TV, Denmark, Digital TV, UX
3SS and Media Distillery team up for ultra-personalized AI-powered TV
May 15, 2019 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) and Media Distillery have joined forces to launch and commercialize a pre-integrated AI-based end-to-end platform which enables TV service personalization and a range of benefits for operators and their subscribers.
News categories: 3SS, Media Distillery, Kai-Christian Borchers, Roland Sars, Big Data, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
Telenet and Media Distillery partner to improve timeshifted viewing experience
Sep 12, 2018 – Telenet and Media Distillery are announcing at IBC that they are using AI to improve the viewing experience for users of PVRs and replay services. The solution is based on Media Distillery's technology for accurately identifying when programmes actually start.
News categories: Media Distillery, Telenet, Roland Sars, Dimme Pleysier, Belgium, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2020, UX
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- Dailymotion and Huawei Video announce global video partnership
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months