Digital TV News: Media Rating Council
MRC finalizes Cross-Media Audience Measurement Standards for video
Sep 4, 2019 – The Media Rating Council (MRC) has issued a final version of its Cross-Media Audience Measurement Standards. The document sets forth provisions to guide the measurement of video advertising and content delivered through television, OTT and digital, including both desktop and mobile.
News categories: Media Rating Council, George W. Ivie, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, USA, Worldwide
Nielsen audience measurement accredited by MRC for Mexico
Mar 27, 2019 – Nielsen has announced that it has been granted accreditation by the Media Rating Council (MRC) for its Television Audience Measurement (TAM) service in 28 cities, offered in Mexico through its joint venture Nielsen IBOPE.
News categories: Nielsen IBOPE, Media Rating Council, Jose De la Rosa, George W. Ivie, Advertising, Big Data, Mexico
Half of all U.S. video viewing is done with others
Jan 15, 2019 – Findings from MRI’s Cord Evolution research show that Americans watch TV or video in groups almost half (48%) of their total viewing time. In addition, 49% of all adults report that they are 'co-viewing' more often now than they did three years ago.
News categories: MRI, Amy Hunt, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Pixalate receives MRC accreditation for OTT invalid traffic detection and filtration
Nov 14, 2018 – Pixalate has become the first company to receive accreditation from the Media Rating Council (MRC) for Sophisticated Invalid Traffic (SIVT) detection and filtration for over-the-top (OTT) video ad impressions.
News categories: Pixalate, Media Rating Council, Jalal Nasir, George W. Ivie, Jay Friedman, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Innovid launches video ad creation tool for connected TV
Sep 27, 2018 – Innovid has announced the launch of OTT Composer, an advertising tool that enables users to design interactive ads for Connected TV and scale dynamic creative across video everywhere. The product enables users to build an interactive video once and have it work across all OTT devices and channels.
News categories: Innovid, Tal Chalozin, Peter Naylor, Vikrant Mathur, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Innovid receives MRC accreditation for OTT ad impression measurement
Sep 25, 2018 – Innovid has announced that it has been granted accreditation by the Media Rating Council (MRC) for its over-the-top (OTT) served video ad impression tracking. Innovid is the first to receive MRC accreditation in a connected TV (CTV) environment.
News categories: Innovid, Media Rating Council, Tal Chalozin, George W. Ivie, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, USA
71% of US consumers have a TV cord and plan to keep it
Aug 27, 2018 – While cord cutting and shaving may be challenges for pay-TV providers, the vast majority of US consumers still say they are not ready to give up on these proven and deeply established sources of entertainment, according to GfK MRI research.
News categories: GfK MRI, Amy Hunt, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, USA
MRC finalizes Digital Video Ad Measurement Guidelines update
Jun 29, 2018 – The Media Rating Council (MRC) has announced the release of an updated version of the IAB Digital Video Ad Impression Measurement Guidelines. The document was initially circulated in draft form for public comment in late 2017, and now is considered final.
News categories: Media Rating Council, George W. Ivie, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, USA, Worldwide
Media Rating Council issues Digital Audience-Based Measurement Standards
Dec 7, 2017 – The Media Rating Council (MRC) has released standards for digital audience-based measurement. The standards spell out recommended practices for the collection and processing of information used in the assignment of audience characteristics to impression-level data.
News categories: Media Rating Council, George W. Ivie, Advertising, Big Data, USA
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos