Digital TV News: Media Development Authority
ASEAN reaches agreement on specifications for Set-top Boxes and Analogue Broadcasting Switch-off
Jun 19, 2008 – The 6th ASEAN Digital Broadcasting (ADB) Meeting in Singapore successfully concluded with officials agreeing on a common set of technical specifications for Standard Definition and High Definition digital set-top-boxes for ASEAN.
News categories: ASEAN, Brunei, Cambodia, Digital TV, DVB-MHP, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Set Top Box, Singapore, Terrestrial, Thailand, Vietnam
MDA seeks public views on how mobile TV should be regulated in Singapore
Nov 21, 2007 – Heralding the next milestone in Singapore's broadcasting landscape, the Media Development Authority of Singapore (MDA) is conducting a public consultation until 4 January 2008 to seek feedback on the Authority's proposed policy and regulatory framework for mobile TV services.
News categories: Media Development Authority of Singapore (MDA), Proposed Framework, 5G, Broadcasting, Digital TV, Mobile, Singapore
SingTel to revolutionise home entertainment with the launch of mio TV
Jul 20, 2007 – Singapore Telecommunications Limited, (SingTel) has announced the launch of its much-anticipated pay TV service. Named mio TV, the offering will revolutionise the way Singapore watches TV.
News categories: Singapore Telecom, Digital TV, IPTV, Singapore
Singapore - TV shows broadcast to cell phones coming soon
Mar 11, 2007 – Cellphone users may soon be able to watch TV on the go, with the Media Development Authority (MDA) planning to issue a licence to broadcast programmes to mobile phones this year. More …
News categories: Digital TV, Mobile, Singapore
SingTel bringing HDTV content to every home in Singapore
Jan 16, 2007 – MDA has issued a nationwide IPTV licence to SingTel's wholly-owned subsidiary SingNet. Mega Media is to supply High Definition (HD) channels for the IPTV service when it is launched commercially later this year.
News categories: SingTel, Digital TV, IPTV, Singapore
MDA launches new licence framework for Singapore IPTV
Jan 15, 2007 – A new two-tier licence framework for Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) rolled out by the Media Development Authority of Singapore (MDA) today aims to further facilitate the growth of IPTV services in Singapore, leading to tangible benefits for the industry and consumers.
News categories: Media Development Authority, Digital TV, IPTV, Regulation, Singapore
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ