Digital TV News: Media Development Authority
ASEAN reaches agreement on specifications for Set-top Boxes and Analogue Broadcasting Switch-off
Jun 19, 2008 – The 6th ASEAN Digital Broadcasting (ADB) Meeting in Singapore successfully concluded with officials agreeing on a common set of technical specifications for Standard Definition and High Definition digital set-top-boxes for ASEAN.
News categories: ASEAN, Brunei, Cambodia, Digital TV, DVB-MHP, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Set Top Box, Singapore, Terrestrial, Thailand, Vietnam
MDA seeks public views on how mobile TV should be regulated in Singapore
Nov 21, 2007 – Heralding the next milestone in Singapore's broadcasting landscape, the Media Development Authority of Singapore (MDA) is conducting a public consultation until 4 January 2008 to seek feedback on the Authority's proposed policy and regulatory framework for mobile TV services.
News categories: Media Development Authority of Singapore (MDA), Proposed Framework, 5G, Broadcasting, Digital TV, Mobile, Singapore
SingTel to revolutionise home entertainment with the launch of mio TV
Jul 20, 2007 – Singapore Telecommunications Limited, (SingTel) has announced the launch of its much-anticipated pay TV service. Named mio TV, the offering will revolutionise the way Singapore watches TV.
News categories: Singapore Telecom, Digital TV, IPTV, Singapore
Singapore - TV shows broadcast to cell phones coming soon
Mar 11, 2007 – Cellphone users may soon be able to watch TV on the go, with the Media Development Authority (MDA) planning to issue a licence to broadcast programmes to mobile phones this year. More …
News categories: Digital TV, Mobile, Singapore
SingTel bringing HDTV content to every home in Singapore
Jan 16, 2007 – MDA has issued a nationwide IPTV licence to SingTel's wholly-owned subsidiary SingNet. Mega Media is to supply High Definition (HD) channels for the IPTV service when it is launched commercially later this year.
News categories: SingTel, Digital TV, IPTV, Singapore
MDA launches new licence framework for Singapore IPTV
Jan 15, 2007 – A new two-tier licence framework for Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) rolled out by the Media Development Authority of Singapore (MDA) today aims to further facilitate the growth of IPTV services in Singapore, leading to tangible benefits for the industry and consumers.
News categories: Media Development Authority, Digital TV, IPTV, Regulation, Singapore
- Cinedigm partners with Vewd for global OTT channel distribution
- 3SS and Technicolor upgrade Com Hem Tv Hub to Android P
- Pay TV ARPU at record high levels in the Nordics
- Applicaster Quick Brick Framework speeds video app development
- Evolution Digital launches Android TV device management platform
- Zixi powers 4K UHD Bloomberg TV+ service
- Telekom Malaysia selects Skyworth as 4K Android TV Operator Tier partner
- FourthWall Media adds Neilsen Smart TV ACR data to analytics platform
- TDS Telecom rolls-out IP video and Cloud DVR with Velocix
- A1now selects Vionlabs for AI-powered recommendations
- Global AVOD expenditure to double
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
- Disney+ and Apple TV+ both see success during first six months in the market
- Comcast, Charter and ViacomCBS announce Blockgraph partnership
- Britbox app now available on BT TV set-top boxes
- Conviva partners with Akamai on QoE intelligence
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Bouygues Telecom replaces set-top box with Smart TV app
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy