Digital TV News: Media Distillery
3SS, Media Distillery and XroadMedia offer AI-based UX personalisation for Android TV
Dec 6, 2019 – 3SS, with Media Distillery and XroadMedia, has created an end-to-end video experience platform which enables Android TV providers to make Linear-on-Demand (LoD) a reality. LoD collects and curates video assets from a diverse range of sources and assembles them in a personalized linear experience.
News categories: 3SS, Media Distillery, XroadMedia, Kai-Christian Borchers, Roland Sars, Tom Dvorak, Android TV, Big Data, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
Media Distillery launches Cloud AI platform with Eutelsat
Sep 4, 2019 – Media Distillery has launched its Cloud-based AI platform, with Eutelsat as the first partner. Media Distillery AI uses Deep Content Understanding to provide Next Generation Metadata, including faces, speech, topics, logos and text recognition.
News categories: Media Distillery, Eutelsat, Roland Sars, Bruno Cattan, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
YouSee and Media Distillery use AI to enhance the TV viewing experience
Aug 27, 2019 – YouSee and Media Distillery have announced that they have partnered on the use of AI to improve the television viewing experience and to provide a clean on-demand experience, offering an experience similar to that of online video subscription services.
News categories: Media Distillery, YouSee, Roland Sars, Henrik Harder, Big Data, Cable TV, Denmark, Digital TV, UX
3SS and Media Distillery team up for ultra-personalized AI-powered TV
May 15, 2019 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) and Media Distillery have joined forces to launch and commercialize a pre-integrated AI-based end-to-end platform which enables TV service personalization and a range of benefits for operators and their subscribers.
News categories: 3SS, Media Distillery, Kai-Christian Borchers, Roland Sars, Big Data, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
Telenet and Media Distillery partner to improve timeshifted viewing experience
Sep 12, 2018 – Telenet and Media Distillery are announcing at IBC that they are using AI to improve the viewing experience for users of PVRs and replay services. The solution is based on Media Distillery's technology for accurately identifying when programmes actually start.
News categories: Media Distillery, Telenet, Roland Sars, Dimme Pleysier, Belgium, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2019, UX
- TV sets still dominate video entertainment consumption
- MENA SVOD revenues to triple
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues