Digital TV News: MediaMelon
MediaMelon and Nowtilus partner on Server-Side Ad Insertion analytics
Jul 16, 2020 – MediaMelon and Nowtilus have announced an integrated solution providing greater measurement transparency and accuracy of server-side ad insertion based on measurement from the client-side video player.
News categories: MediaMelon, Nowtilus, Kumar Subramanian, Leander Carell, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
Telecine deploys MediaMelon OTT streaming optimization platform
Apr 22, 2020 – MediaMelon has announced that Telecine SVOD cinema hub has deployed its SmartPlay OTT streaming optimization platform to deliver a better video QoE with lower content delivery costs despite an unprecedented surge in new subscribers and viewing hours.
News categories: MediaMelon, Telecine, Kumar Subramanian, Fabio Lima, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT
MediaMelon selected by Eros Now for OTT streaming analytics
Apr 3, 2019 – MediaMelon has announced that Eros Now (NYSE: EROS) has deployed its SmartSight analytics platform. SmartSight is a real-time streaming video analytics solution that provides monitoring and deep analysis of streaming performance and content consumption.
News categories: MediaMelon, Eros Now, Kumar Subramanian, Big Data, Digital TV, India, OTT, Worldwide
Streaming Video Alliance releases Open Caching Working Group specifications
Jul 20, 2017 – The Streaming Video Alliance has announced the availability of two new technical specification documents from the Open Caching Working Group. In addition, the Open Caching Working Group has introduced a new sub group for Edge Storage, led by Western Digital.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Western Digital, Jason Thibeault, Enosh Levi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Study reveals how smartphones are transforming the TV experience
Dec 15, 2016 – The Streaming Video Alliance has announced the findings of its 'Mobile Video: Exposed' report that explores consumers' perceptions and behaviors around watching video on mobile phones.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Jason Thibeault, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Streaming Video Alliance releases caching requirements and QoE guidelines
May 12, 2016 – The Streaming Video Alliance (SVA) has released its Open Caching Systems Functional Requirements and QoE Industry Guidelines, which are the culmination of collaboration and input from the SVA Open Caching and Quality of Experience (QoE) Working Groups.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
- Google's share of global digital media revenues declined in Q2
- First Media launches Android TV STB with Widevine CAS in Indonesia
- EBOX deploys Technicolor Android TV set-tops in Québec
- Conviva releases Q3 2020 State of Streaming report
- Realtek selects Allegro DVT H.266/VVC compliance streams
- Russian SVOD consumer spend to increase 1,000% by 2024
- A1 selects XroadMedia for content discovery and recommendations
- Skyworth and 3SS create Netflix-ready Android TV platform
- CANAL+ extends satellite agreements with SES for Europe and Africa
- European Connected TV Initiative to explore advertising opportunities
- Accessible TV Guide rolls out on Freeview Play
- Spain’s AgileTV migrates to Verimatrix Secure Cloud
- Promwad offers videoconferencing and 'watch party' solution for TV
- Phoenix Model Market gets ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
- Magenta Telekom deploys Whip Media Content Value Management platform
- Pay-TV revenue in Philippines to grow at 4.0% CAGR over next five years
- Israel’s RGE chooses Kaltura to power Kids Cloud TV service
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service