Digital TV News: MediaWorks
Opera TV launches on LG Smart TVs
Nov 5, 2015 – Brands, broadcasters and content owners can now extend their existing online video channels and video content catalogs to LG Smart TVs at no extra cost, with Opera TV Snap, the toolkit for generating Smart TV channels.
News categories: Opera Software, LG, Aneesh Rajaram, Apps, Brazil, Digital TV, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Smart TV, Spain, UK, USA
FreeviewPlus launches in New Zealand
Jul 1, 2015 – Freeview has launched a new digital TV platform designed to give New Zealanders easy access to on-demand video services on their TVs - FreeviewPlus. FreeviewPlus uses HbbTV to enable integration of broadcast TV and on-demand services.
News categories: Freeview NZ, TVNZ, MediaWorks, Māori TV, Sam Irvine, Kevin Kenrick, Mark Weldon, Paora Maxwell, Digital TV, HbbTV, New Zealand, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Opera launches advertising solution for connected TV
Sep 9, 2014 – App publishers, Smart TV device manufacturers and pay-TV operators are now able to monetize their content by serving video advertising, on any platform, with the launch by Opera Software of the Opera TV Ads SDK.
News categories: Opera Software, Aneesh Rajaram, Advertising, Apps, Digital TV, HTML5, IBC2019, Smart TV, Worldwide
Vodafone New Zealand unveils ultra fast broadband TV service
Oct 4, 2013 – Vodafone has unveiled New Zealand’s first, and only, full TV service using the new ultra fast broadband network. Vodafone TV gives customers a choice of Freeview|HD or SKY channels and 36 channels of pay per view movies, including recent releases, in HD.
News categories: Vodafone, Matt Williams, John Fellet, Sam Irvine, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, New Zealand
Telecom New Zealand launches XT Mobile TV
Sep 2, 2009 – XT Mobile Network customers can enjoy drama, comedy or news for free until 30 November 2009 with Telecom's new Mobile TV service. XT Mobile Network is the 3G mobile network run by Telecom New Zealand (NZX:TEL).
News categories: Telecom New Zealand, 5G, Mobile, New Zealand
14% of NZ Homes Now Have Freeview
Apr 15, 2009 – More than 14% of homes in New Zealand now have Freeview according to figures released today. This equates to nearly 10,000 new homes a month (or 72,000 new viewers over the quarter) now enjoying the benefits of free-to-air digital television.
News categories: Freeview NZ, Market Research, New Zealand, Satellite, Terrestrial
MyFreeview|HD™ in New Zealand stores from 11th December
Dec 3, 2008 – With less than four weeks until Christmas, Kiwis around the country are set to benefit from the availability of the first MyFreeview|HD™ approved Digital Television Recorder.
News categories: Freeview NZ, Zinwell, Digital TV, DVR, New Zealand, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
New Zealand - Process for analogue switch-off to digital TV
Nov 29, 2007 – Broadcasting Minister Trevor Mallard today outlined the process for managing New Zealand's complete switch from analogue to digital television.
News categories: New Zealand Ministry for Culture & Heritage, Cabinet Paper, Broadcasting, Digital TV, New Zealand, Terrestrial
- TV sets still dominate video entertainment consumption
- MENA SVOD revenues to triple
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues