Digital TV News: MediaWorks
Opera TV launches on LG Smart TVs
Nov 5, 2015 – Brands, broadcasters and content owners can now extend their existing online video channels and video content catalogs to LG Smart TVs at no extra cost, with Opera TV Snap, the toolkit for generating Smart TV channels.
News categories: Opera Software, LG, Aneesh Rajaram, Apps, Brazil, Digital TV, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Smart TV, Spain, UK, USA
FreeviewPlus launches in New Zealand
Jul 1, 2015 – Freeview has launched a new digital TV platform designed to give New Zealanders easy access to on-demand video services on their TVs - FreeviewPlus. FreeviewPlus uses HbbTV to enable integration of broadcast TV and on-demand services.
News categories: Freeview NZ, TVNZ, MediaWorks, Māori TV, Sam Irvine, Kevin Kenrick, Mark Weldon, Paora Maxwell, Digital TV, HbbTV, New Zealand, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Opera launches advertising solution for connected TV
Sep 9, 2014 – App publishers, Smart TV device manufacturers and pay-TV operators are now able to monetize their content by serving video advertising, on any platform, with the launch by Opera Software of the Opera TV Ads SDK.
News categories: Opera Software, Aneesh Rajaram, Advertising, Apps, Digital TV, HTML5, IBCShowcase, Smart TV, Worldwide
Vodafone New Zealand unveils ultra fast broadband TV service
Oct 4, 2013 – Vodafone has unveiled New Zealand’s first, and only, full TV service using the new ultra fast broadband network. Vodafone TV gives customers a choice of Freeview|HD or SKY channels and 36 channels of pay per view movies, including recent releases, in HD.
News categories: Vodafone, Matt Williams, John Fellet, Sam Irvine, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, New Zealand
Telecom New Zealand launches XT Mobile TV
Sep 2, 2009 – XT Mobile Network customers can enjoy drama, comedy or news for free until 30 November 2009 with Telecom's new Mobile TV service. XT Mobile Network is the 3G mobile network run by Telecom New Zealand (NZX:TEL).
News categories: Telecom New Zealand, 5G, Mobile, New Zealand
14% of NZ Homes Now Have Freeview
Apr 15, 2009 – More than 14% of homes in New Zealand now have Freeview according to figures released today. This equates to nearly 10,000 new homes a month (or 72,000 new viewers over the quarter) now enjoying the benefits of free-to-air digital television.
News categories: Freeview NZ, Market Research, New Zealand, Satellite, Terrestrial
MyFreeview|HD™ in New Zealand stores from 11th December
Dec 3, 2008 – With less than four weeks until Christmas, Kiwis around the country are set to benefit from the availability of the first MyFreeview|HD™ approved Digital Television Recorder.
News categories: Freeview NZ, Zinwell, Digital TV, DVR, New Zealand, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
New Zealand - Process for analogue switch-off to digital TV
Nov 29, 2007 – Broadcasting Minister Trevor Mallard today outlined the process for managing New Zealand's complete switch from analogue to digital television.
News categories: New Zealand Ministry for Culture & Heritage, Cabinet Paper, Digital TV, New Zealand, Terrestrial, TV Services
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
- Iliad announces intention to acquire Poland's Play
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
- EBU begins work on HbbTV and DVB-I interoperability
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution