Digital TV News: Megan Clarken
Cox Media and Nielsen renew TV and audio measurement agreement
Jan 17, 2019 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) and Cox Media Group have announced a renewal agreement for television and audio measurement services. The agreement covers all Cox Media Group's local television and radio stations as well as CoxReps and Videa.
News categories: Nielsen, Cox Media Group, Megan Clarken, Kim Guthrie, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Nielsen and FreeWheel partner on OTT and STB VOD measurement
Jun 19, 2018 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) and FreeWheel (Nasdaq: CMCSA) have announced plans to expand measurement to OTT and STB VOD inventory. The efforts are intended to allow advertisers to take advantage of additional impressions and expanding overall TV ecosystem market liquidity.
News categories: Nielsen, Comcast, Megan Clarken, Marcien Jenckes, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Nielsen And Tribune Broadcasting sign TV measurement agreement
Feb 7, 2018 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) and Tribune Broadcasting (NYSE: TRCO) have announced that they have reached a renewal agreement for Nielsen TV ratings across Tribune's local television stations and markets, as well as national service for its digital subchannel network, Antenna TV.
News categories: Nielsen, Tribune Media, Megan Clarken, Larry Wert, Advertising, Big Data, USA
Nielsen gets access to Comcast's set-top box viewing data
Nov 9, 2017 – Nielsen has announced an agreement to use Comcast's (Nasdaq: CMCSA) set-top box data in its local television measurement service. Comcast becomes the fourth major cable or satellite provider whose TV viewing data is being integrated with Nielsen's panel data.
News categories: Nielsen, Comcast, Megan Clarken, Marcien Jenckes, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Nielsen launches SVOD content ratings
Oct 18, 2017 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) has announced that it is now offering a syndicated solution to independently measure subscription-based streaming content. Eight television networks and production studios have already subscribed to the service.
News categories: Nielsen, Megan Clarken, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Nielsen to include credit for viewing on Facebook, Hulu and YouTube
Aug 15, 2017 – Nielsen has announced that it will begin crediting video content distributed on Facebook, Hulu and YouTube in Digital Content Ratings. Through this capability, clients can capture incremental viewing of their content within their reported audience numbers.
News categories: Nielsen, Megan Clarken, Advertising, Big Data, OTT, USA
Nielsen includes Hulu and YouTube TV in TV ratings
Jul 25, 2017 – Eligible TV viewing from Hulu and YouTube TV is now measured and reported through Nielsen’s Digital in TV Ratings and contributes directly to C3/C7 currency, Nielsen has announced.
News categories: Nielsen, Megan Clarken, Heather Moosnick, Cindy Davis, Wanda Young, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Nielsen gets access to AT&T STB viewing data for ratings measurement
Jan 18, 2017 – Nielsen has announced a multi-year agreement with AT&T to include anonymized set-top box data from connected homes subscribed to AT&T's DIRECTV and U-Verse services into Nielsen's local and national TV currency ratings services.
News categories: Nielsen, AT&T, Megan Clarken, Advertising, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet