Digital TV News: Melita
Over 50 million RDK device deployments
Jun 5, 2019 – At ANGA COM 2019, RDK Management shared details about the adoption of RDK open source software used to power customer-premises equipment from video and broadband services providers worldwide. The number of RDK devices deployed is now over 50 million.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, ANGA COM, Digital TV, Gateway, Market Research, Middleware, Worldwide
EQT acquires Maltese telecom operator Melita
May 23, 2019 – EQT has signed an agreement to acquire Melita from Apax Partners and Fortino Capital. Melita services customers on Malta with mainly four types of products: Gigabit broadband services, mobile and fixed telephony as well as TV services.
News categories: Melita, EQT, Harald Rösch, Ulrich Köllensperger, Cable TV, Digital TV, Malta, MnA
More than 40 million devices now running RDK
Mar 20, 2018 – At the 2018 Connected TV World Summit, RDK Management provided its annual update about the adoption of the RDK software used to power customer-premises equipment (CPE) from video and broadband services providers worldwide.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, Digital TV, Market Research, RDK, Worldwide
Merger between Vodafone Malta and Melita called off
Dec 8, 2017 – In May 2017, Vodafone, Apax Partners and Fortino Capital announced their intention to combine Vodafone Malta with Melita. However, the parties have been unable to satisfy the Maltese Competition Authority's requirements and so have decided to terminate the transaction.
News categories: Vodafone, Melita, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Malta, MnA
ADB wins new project with Melita in Malta
Nov 16, 2017 – ADB has announced that Melita has chosen ADB to implement the commercial launch of its TV service. Melita will benefit from ADB’s experience in the STB market together with innovative applications provided via the RDK middleware.
News categories: ADB, Melita, Lennart Broers, Simon Poljsak, Cable TV, Digital TV, Malta, RDK, Set Top Box
Melita and Vodafone Malta announce merger
May 24, 2017 – Apax Partners, Fortino Capital and Vodafone have agreed to combine Melita and Vodafone Malta. The transaction combines Vodafone Malta, the country’s leading mobile operator, with Melita, Malta’s leading cable, broadband and pay TV provider.
News categories: Vodafone, Melita, Caroline Farrugia, Amanda Nelson, Harald Rösch, Cable TV, Digital TV, Malta, MnA
IPTV registers strong growth in Malta
Jan 15, 2016 – The Malta Communications Authority (MCA) has updated its Data Report Sheet to cover a number of market indicators up to the end of the third quarter in 2015. The number of pay TV subscriptions at the end of Q3 2015 was down by 1,039 compared to the end of Q3 2014.
News categories: Malta Communications Authority, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Malta, Market Research, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Malta releases TV Consumer Perception Survey
Feb 25, 2014 – Between August and October 2013, the MCA commissioned a survey to gauge consumer sentiment on TV distribution services, in particular their perceptions on the general quality of service and prices.
News categories: Malta Communications Authority, Digital TV, Malta, Market Research
Netgem Presents Its Vision for The Future of TV at TelcoTV 2010
Oct 27, 2010 – Netgem (Paris: NTG FP 7537; ETGM) has announced that at TelcoTV 2010 it will be demonstrating its Hybrid IPTV Media Centre and Internet Adaptor that is already in use by SFR, Telstra, Monaco Telecom, Algeria Telecom, and Melita Telecom.
News categories: Netgem, IPTV, Set Top Box
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event
- Singtel TV subscribers up 1,100 in 2Q 2019
- Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 58,000 in 2Q 2019