Digital TV News: Melita
Malta releases TV Consumer Perception Survey
Feb 25, 2014 – Between August and October 2013, the MCA commissioned a survey to gauge consumer sentiment on TV distribution services, in particular their perceptions on the general quality of service and prices.
News categories: Malta Communications Authority, Digital TV, Malta, Market Research
Netgem Presents Its Vision for The Future of TV at TelcoTV 2010
Oct 27, 2010 – Netgem (Paris: NTG FP 7537; ETGM) has announced that at TelcoTV 2010 it will be demonstrating its Hybrid IPTV Media Centre and Internet Adaptor that is already in use by SFR, Telstra, Monaco Telecom, Algeria Telecom, and Melita Telecom.
News categories: Netgem, IPTV, Set Top Box
Melita Secures DVB-C Hybrid HD TV Services With Verimatrix
Oct 20, 2010 – Verimatrix has deployed its Verimatrix Content Authority System (VCAS™) for DVB Hybrid on Melita's cable and IPTV hybrid network. Melita is the first operator to offer high definition (HD) TV to Maltese subscribers over its HFC network.
News categories: Verimatrix, Melita, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Malta, SCTE•ISBE
Melita inaugurates High Definition TV in Malta
May 28, 2010 – Melita has started installations, both in commercial outlets and households, of its new Melita netbox HD which makes HDTV available for the first time ever in Malta and Gozo and allows pausing, rewinding and recording of live television.
News categories: Melita, Digital TV, DVR, Malta, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Terrestrial
Netgem Selected To Power Melita HD and PVR Services in Malta
Mar 22, 2010 – Netgem (Paris: NTG FP 7537; ETGM) has announced that it has been chosen by Melita, a leading quad play telecom provider in Malta, to provide its Set Top Box (STB) to power the operator's High Definition (HD) and Personal Video Recorder (PVR) services.
News categories: Netgem, Melita, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Malta, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
Malta - Melita registers growth in digital TV, telephony
May 8, 2007 – In the first quarter of the year, Melita Cable continued to register growth in the provision of TV services in spite of competition, the company said. More …
News categories: Cable TV, Digital TV, Malta, Results, Subscribers
- COVID-19 will accelerate pay-TV revenue decline in Australia
- Unruly expands brand protection with DoubleVerify
- Zixi integrated into Harmonic's cloud based live streaming platform
- Flynet delivers OTT content with Viaccess-Orca DRM in El Salvador
- SonyLIV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store for India
- Phoenix Model Market adds second TV transmitter
- Interra Systems and BuyDRM integrate monitoring with DRM
- Sky Q adds smart new features
- Netgem acquires French fibre operator Comcable
- Hybrid tool targets viewers who did or did not watch linear TV spot ads
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- fuboTV secures $20m of financing
- Fraunhofer HHI presents H.266/VVC video coding
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs