Digital TV News: Melita
Melita Secures DVB-C Hybrid HD TV Services With Verimatrix
Oct 20, 2010 – Verimatrix has deployed its Verimatrix Content Authority System (VCAS™) for DVB Hybrid on Melita's cable and IPTV hybrid network. Melita is the first operator to offer high definition (HD) TV to Maltese subscribers over its HFC network.
News categories: Verimatrix, Melita, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Malta, SCTE•ISBE
Melita inaugurates High Definition TV in Malta
May 28, 2010 – Melita has started installations, both in commercial outlets and households, of its new Melita netbox HD which makes HDTV available for the first time ever in Malta and Gozo and allows pausing, rewinding and recording of live television.
News categories: Melita, Digital TV, DVR, Malta, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Terrestrial
Netgem Selected To Power Melita HD and PVR Services in Malta
Mar 22, 2010 – Netgem (Paris: NTG FP 7537; ETGM) has announced that it has been chosen by Melita, a leading quad play telecom provider in Malta, to provide its Set Top Box (STB) to power the operator's High Definition (HD) and Personal Video Recorder (PVR) services.
News categories: Netgem, Melita, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Malta, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
Malta - Melita registers growth in digital TV, telephony
May 8, 2007 – In the first quarter of the year, Melita Cable continued to register growth in the provision of TV services in spite of competition, the company said. More …
News categories: Cable TV, Digital TV, Malta, Results, Subscribers
- Pay TV subscriptions exceed 1 billion
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box