Digital TV News: Merwan Mereby
HbbTV Association joins forces with Smart TV Alliance
Sep 1, 2016 – The Smart TV Alliance and HbbTV Association today announced a plan to merge the activities of the Smart TV Alliance into HbbTV, extending the scope of the HbbTV Specification to address Over-The-Top Services.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Smart TV Alliance, Dr. Klaus Illgner, Merwan Mereby, Digital TV, HbbTV, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
Panasonic Takes Connected TV to the Next Level With Launch of VIERA Connect™
Jan 5, 2011 – Panasonic (NYSE:PC; Tokyo:6752) has unveiled at CES, VIERA Connect™, an enhancement of its connected TV offering that includes expanded video streaming, two-way interactive features from gaming to social networking, and fitness programs.
News categories: Panasonic, CES2020, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, Social TV
Panasonic Chooses Widevine to Deliver Secure, High-Quality Customer Experiences on Its Devices
Nov 10, 2010 – Widevine has announced that Panasonic (NYSE: PC) has selected Widevine as its preferred provider of video optimization and digital rights management (DRM) solutions on Panasonic Viera® Connected TVs, Blu-ray Players, and more.
News categories: Widevine, Panasonic, Blu-ray, Content Protection, DRM, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV
Amazon VoD Launches High Definition Movies and TV Episodes
Apr 21, 2009 – Amazon.com (NASDAQ: AMZN) has announced that customers can rent box-office favorites and purchase top TV shows in HD from Amazon Video On Demand. Customers can select from more than 500 HD TV shows and movies from major studios and networks.
News categories: Amazon, Digital TV, DVR, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Panasonic Creates Ultimate HDTV and Blu-ray Entertainment Devices With Amazon Video On Demand
Jan 7, 2009 – Panasonic has announced a collaborative relationship that adds Amazon Video On Demand to Panasonic's line of 2009 VIERA CAST ® enabled HDTVs and Blu-ray devices.
News categories: Panasonic, Amazon, Blu-ray, CES2020, Media Player, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Panasonic Brings Photos, Videos to Consumers' Living Rooms With Google and YouTube
Jan 7, 2008 – Panasonic, the brand by which Matsushita Electric (NYSE: MC) is best known, has announced plans to bring viewers access to YouTube videos directly from Panasonic's new VIERA® PZ850 line of Plasma Internet-connected HDTVs.
News categories: Panasonic, CES2020, OTT, Smart TV, USA
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- Dailymotion and Huawei Video announce global video partnership
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020