Digital TV News: Merwan Mereby
HbbTV Association joins forces with Smart TV Alliance
Sep 1, 2016 – The Smart TV Alliance and HbbTV Association today announced a plan to merge the activities of the Smart TV Alliance into HbbTV, extending the scope of the HbbTV Specification to address Over-The-Top Services.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Smart TV Alliance, Dr. Klaus Illgner, Merwan Mereby, Digital TV, HbbTV, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
Panasonic Takes Connected TV to the Next Level With Launch of VIERA Connect™
Jan 5, 2011 – Panasonic (NYSE:PC; Tokyo:6752) has unveiled at CES, VIERA Connect™, an enhancement of its connected TV offering that includes expanded video streaming, two-way interactive features from gaming to social networking, and fitness programs.
News categories: Panasonic, CES2021, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, Social TV
Panasonic Chooses Widevine to Deliver Secure, High-Quality Customer Experiences on Its Devices
Nov 10, 2010 – Widevine has announced that Panasonic (NYSE: PC) has selected Widevine as its preferred provider of video optimization and digital rights management (DRM) solutions on Panasonic Viera® Connected TVs, Blu-ray Players, and more.
News categories: Widevine, Panasonic, Blu-ray, Content Protection, DRM, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV
Amazon VoD Launches High Definition Movies and TV Episodes
Apr 21, 2009 – Amazon.com (NASDAQ: AMZN) has announced that customers can rent box-office favorites and purchase top TV shows in HD from Amazon Video On Demand. Customers can select from more than 500 HD TV shows and movies from major studios and networks.
News categories: Amazon, Digital TV, DVR, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Panasonic Creates Ultimate HDTV and Blu-ray Entertainment Devices With Amazon Video On Demand
Jan 7, 2009 – Panasonic has announced a collaborative relationship that adds Amazon Video On Demand to Panasonic's line of 2009 VIERA CAST ® enabled HDTVs and Blu-ray devices.
News categories: Panasonic, Amazon, Blu-ray, CES2021, Media Player, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Panasonic Brings Photos, Videos to Consumers' Living Rooms With Google and YouTube
Jan 7, 2008 – Panasonic, the brand by which Matsushita Electric (NYSE: MC) is best known, has announced plans to bring viewers access to YouTube videos directly from Panasonic's new VIERA® PZ850 line of Plasma Internet-connected HDTVs.
News categories: Panasonic, CES2021, OTT, Smart TV, USA
- NetRange cloud app portal selected by itel for new Smart TVs
- Vewd integrates support for BML and Hybridcast
- Discovery announces global launch of discovery+
- VUALTO DRM selected to protect France Télévisions' AV content
- FreeWheel and NBCUniversal automate linear ad decisioning
- Zappware enables WIND VISION on PCs in Greece
- InterDigital and Futuresource release video sustainability report
- Local broadcasters collaborate to launch NextGen TV in Florida
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia