Digital TV News: Michael Goodman
UK leads Europe's TV market into cord-cutting era
Apr 25, 2019 – According to Strategy Analytics, declining pay TV subscriptions in the UK suggest that cord-cutting is now beginning to affect the European market. The UK saw a net decline in pay TV households of 424,000 in 2018, the largest decline of any European country.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Michael Goodman, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
8K TVs to be in 56 million homes worldwide by 2025
Apr 2, 2019 – 8K TVs are set to achieve modest success over the next few years. Strategy Analytics’ consumer technology adoption models predict that 56 million homes worldwide will own an 8K TV by the end of 2025. The US will be the most successful market.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Michael Goodman, Digital TV, Market Research, NABShow, Smart TV, Worldwide
Wurl launches server-side ad insertion for Connected TVs
Jan 16, 2019 – Wurl has launched AdSpring for Connected TVs. The cloud-based, turnkey server-side ad insertion (SSAI) solution allows video producers to insert mid-roll ads into linear and VOD programming for distribution to any video service or device.
News categories: Wurl, Sean Doherty, Michael Goodman, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
TV to represent 80% of global video ad spend in 2023
Oct 29, 2018 – According to Strategy Analytics, the majority of budgets geared towards brand awareness continue to prioritize linear TV over online video, all the more as multi-screen access and OTT distribution help traditional broadcasters reach new audiences.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Michael Goodman, Nitesh Patel, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
U.S. vMVPDs added 868k subscribers in 2Q 2018 but overall pay TV subs fell
Aug 21, 2018 – Strategy Analytics’ analysis of U.S. pay TV subscriber numbers shows vMVPDs with 868K net adds in 2Q 2018 bringing the total number of vMVPD subscribers to 6.73M, up 119% YoY. Despite this, overall pay TV subscribers fell to 93.78M.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Michael Goodman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Global spend on TV and Video will reach $559 billion in 2022
Aug 14, 2018 – Strategy Analytics has forecast that global consumer and advertising spend on TV and video will grow from $490 billion in 2017 to $559 billion in 2022, an increase of $69 billion. Spend on OTT video will account for 90% of the growth.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Michael Goodman, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Terrestrial, Worldwide
Successful operators will embrace $312Bn enterprise video opportunity
May 1, 2018 – Enterprise video markets such as eLearning, Video Communications and Video Surveillance should be targeted by operators looking to benefit from the transition to IP-based services over the next few years, according to a study from Strategy Analytics, sponsored by Huawei.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Huawei, Andreas Koehler, Michael Goodman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Global video revenues hit $70bn in 2017
Mar 6, 2018 – Online services such as Netflix and Amazon Prime Video have transformed the video business in recent years, but according to the latest research from Strategy Analytics, revenue increases will be even higher in the next four years than in the previous four years.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Michael Goodman, Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
250 million households now pay for streaming video services
Feb 27, 2018 – The number of households worldwide which pay for streaming video services such as Netflix and Amazon Video has now broken through the 250 million mark, according to the latest research from Strategy Analytics.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Michael Goodman, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers, Worldwide
- Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
- Insys Video automates celebrity identification and inappropriate content detection
- HbbTV Association adds seven new members
- Beximco launches AKASH DTH in Bangladesh
- b<>com and Viaccess-Orca partner to detect video piracy
- IDC expects worldwide semiconductor revenue to drop 7.2% in 2019
- IABM report shows squeezed margins but continuing optimism
- WMYD to host Detroit’s first Next-Gen TV station
- 3SS and Media Distillery team up for ultra-personalized AI-powered TV
- Redbox selects You.i TV to develop React Native app on Roku
- MainStreaming secures $6 million funding
- Survey reveals increasing use of multiple TV sources by viewers in Europe
- SK Telecom to offer world's first live TV sports broadcast over 5G
- Four media measurement bodies form global alliance
- Philo brings streaming TV to WOW! broadband customers
- FreeWheel announces programmatic OTT offering for local TV buyers
- Cyfrowy Polsat contract pay TV subscribers down 22,000 in 1Q 2019
- Digital Alert Systems and Kaltura bring EAS Alerts to Cloud TV services
- Telestream and NPAW integrate video monitoring and analytics platforms
- Cross channel ad management and tracking help drive video ad tech market