Digital TV News: Michael Lantz
Accedo's video experience platform combined with Oregan’s middleware
Apr 11, 2019 – Accedo and Oregan Networks have announced a strategic partnership to provide next generation Pay TV solutions to the video industry. The joint solution will combine elements from the Accedo One video experience platform with Oregan’s SparQ middleware for Android TV.
News categories: Accedo, Oregan Networks, Michael Lantz, Mark Perry, Android TV, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Accedo announces Partner Program
Jan 7, 2019 – Accedo will debut its Partner Program at this year’s CES Show in Las Vegas. The program will roll out over the coming months. Current and new partners are invited to join the program to expand their reach together with Accedo.
News categories: Accedo, Michael Lantz, CES, Digital TV, Mobile, UX, Worldwide
Accedo raises $17m in growth capital
Jan 3, 2019 – Accedo has revealed that it has raised $17M in equity to further drive its growth over the coming years. This round of financing was led by SEB Private Equity, a Stockholm based private equity team and already an investor in Accedo.
News categories: Accedo, SEB Private Equity, Michael Lantz, Magnus Ramström, CES, Digital TV, Private Equity, UX, Worldwide
Accedo powers StarHub’s new Android TV service
Sep 11, 2018 – Accedo has announced that its Studio Pay TV Android TV Launcher is powering the newly-launched Android TV Operator Tier STB TV offering from StarHub. Branded as the StarHub Go Streaming Box, the Android TV STB service extends the StarHub Go OTT service to the living room.
News categories: Accedo, StarHub, Michael Lantz, Chong Siew Loong, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC, OTT, Set Top Box, Singapore, UX
Accedo launches AI project with AWS and ITV
Aug 14, 2018 – Accedo has announced a project with British broadcaster, ITV to use Artificial Intelligence to automatically generate cover artwork which is likely to appeal best to a given user segment. The project will be tested with a focus group of ITV users.
News categories: Accedo, ITV, Michael Lantz, Lee Marshall, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC, UK, UX
Jump secures Series A funding to accelerate data driven video
Jun 5, 2018 – Jump has secured Series A funding, led by Accedo and a number of video industry business angels to continue its rapid growth. Jump provides technology based on AI to help video service providers get business insights about their audience and content.
News categories: Jump, Accedo, Jerónimo Macanás, Michael Lantz, Big Data, Digital TV, MnA, Spain, Worldwide
Accedo creates Asia’s first dedicated OTT sports service
Nov 14, 2017 – Accedo has announced that it has worked with SportsFix to deliver Asia’s first dedicated OTT sports live streaming service in the ASEAN region. SportsFix was launched in Malaysia in August this year and offers both live and VOD content via mobile and mobile web.
News categories: Accedo, SportsFix, Michael Lantz, Carl Kirchhoff, Digital TV, Malaysia, OTT, UX
Ten TV app vendors adopt Vewd certification process
Oct 12, 2017 – Vewd has announced that ten of the world’s top TV app vendors will unite in support of the Vewd ecosystem in a bid to unify the fragmented TV app market. The ten app vendors are Accedo, Cisco, Easel TV, Float Left Interactive, Fractal Media, Massive, Tradecast, TV App Agency, Wizitivi, and 24i.
News categories: Vewd, Accedo, TV App Agency, Easel TV, Daniel Nordberg, Michael Lantz, Bruno Pereira, Joe Foster, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, QoE
Accedo and Deutsche Telekom debut VR experience for live concerts
Jul 5, 2017 – Accedo has announced that is working with Telekom in Germany to launch the world’s first mass-market available Virtual Reality (VR) experience for live concerts. Magenta Musik 360 launched on 2nd June with live video streaming in virtual reality from Rock am Ring.
News categories: Accedo, Deutsche Telekom, Michael Lantz, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, VR
- FCC opens up for ATSC 3.0 license applications
- Sky Deutschland adds multiroom box to Sky Q offering
- Openview STB activations growing at 35,000 per month
- 2019 LG AI ThinQ TVs add Amazon Alexa support
- Telcos to dominate Western European pay TV
- Roku introduces analytics and planning tools for OTT advertisers
- IHS Markit and Informa to exchange business units
- Evergent and Synamedia partner to power and monetize video experience
- TiVo integrates demographics, ad airings, and mobile devices into TV Viewership Data
- Fraunhofer IIS licenses MPEG-H audio patents to LG
- AminoTV deployed on multi-tenant platform at DELTA and Caiway
- China Smart Speaker surge puts Baidu, Alibaba, Xiaomi in reach of Amazon and Google
- SpotX and Jukin Media partner for connected TV monetization
- OTT monitoring and compliance market to expand at a CAGR of 15.8%
- Sony’s first 8K TVs go on sale in early June
- Wirecard provides international payment services for BluTV
- SUPER RTL selects 3SS for Kividoo Kids service relaunch
- Rakuten LIVE interactive streaming service launched
- Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
- IoT now numbers 22 billion devices, but where is the revenue?