Digital TV News: Michael Lantz
Accedo One powering Magenta TV from Deutsche Telekom
Jun 3, 2019 – Accedo has built and delivered Deutsche Telekom’s Magenta TV service on Amazon Fire TV. Magenta TV offers live and VOD video experiences, giving subscribers access to as many as 75 channels. Users can also fine tune their preferences and settings in-app.
News categories: Accedo, Deutsche Telekom, Michael Lantz, Apps, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, Germany, OTT, UX
Accedo's video experience platform combined with Oregan’s middleware
Apr 11, 2019 – Accedo and Oregan Networks have announced a strategic partnership to provide next generation Pay TV solutions to the video industry. The joint solution will combine elements from the Accedo One video experience platform with Oregan’s SparQ middleware for Android TV.
News categories: Accedo, Oregan Networks, Michael Lantz, Mark Perry, Android TV, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Accedo announces Partner Program
Jan 7, 2019 – Accedo will debut its Partner Program at this year’s CES Show in Las Vegas. The program will roll out over the coming months. Current and new partners are invited to join the program to expand their reach together with Accedo.
News categories: Accedo, Michael Lantz, CES, Digital TV, Mobile, UX, Worldwide
Accedo raises $17m in growth capital
Jan 3, 2019 – Accedo has revealed that it has raised $17M in equity to further drive its growth over the coming years. This round of financing was led by SEB Private Equity, a Stockholm based private equity team and already an investor in Accedo.
News categories: Accedo, SEB Private Equity, Michael Lantz, Magnus Ramström, CES, Digital TV, Private Equity, UX, Worldwide
Accedo powers StarHub’s new Android TV service
Sep 11, 2018 – Accedo has announced that its Studio Pay TV Android TV Launcher is powering the newly-launched Android TV Operator Tier STB TV offering from StarHub. Branded as the StarHub Go Streaming Box, the Android TV STB service extends the StarHub Go OTT service to the living room.
News categories: Accedo, StarHub, Michael Lantz, Chong Siew Loong, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2019, OTT, Set Top Box, Singapore, UX
Accedo launches AI project with AWS and ITV
Aug 14, 2018 – Accedo has announced a project with British broadcaster, ITV to use Artificial Intelligence to automatically generate cover artwork which is likely to appeal best to a given user segment. The project will be tested with a focus group of ITV users.
News categories: Accedo, ITV, Michael Lantz, Lee Marshall, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2019, UK, UX
Jump secures Series A funding to accelerate data driven video
Jun 5, 2018 – Jump has secured Series A funding, led by Accedo and a number of video industry business angels to continue its rapid growth. Jump provides technology based on AI to help video service providers get business insights about their audience and content.
News categories: Jump, Accedo, Jerónimo Macanás, Michael Lantz, Big Data, Digital TV, MnA, Spain, Worldwide
Accedo creates Asia’s first dedicated OTT sports service
Nov 14, 2017 – Accedo has announced that it has worked with SportsFix to deliver Asia’s first dedicated OTT sports live streaming service in the ASEAN region. SportsFix was launched in Malaysia in August this year and offers both live and VOD content via mobile and mobile web.
News categories: Accedo, SportsFix, Michael Lantz, Carl Kirchhoff, Digital TV, Malaysia, OTT, UX
Ten TV app vendors adopt Vewd certification process
Oct 12, 2017 – Vewd has announced that ten of the world’s top TV app vendors will unite in support of the Vewd ecosystem in a bid to unify the fragmented TV app market. The ten app vendors are Accedo, Cisco, Easel TV, Float Left Interactive, Fractal Media, Massive, Tradecast, TV App Agency, Wizitivi, and 24i.
News categories: Vewd, Accedo, TV App Agency, Easel TV, Daniel Nordberg, Michael Lantz, Bruno Pereira, Joe Foster, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, QoE
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum reveals LatAm key findings
- Beeline deploys Kaltura TV Platform in Kazakhstan
- Spearad launches monetization technology for addressable TV and audio
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient