Digital TV News: Michael Goodman
TV to represent 80% of global video ad spend in 2023
Oct 29, 2018 – According to Strategy Analytics, the majority of budgets geared towards brand awareness continue to prioritize linear TV over online video, all the more as multi-screen access and OTT distribution help traditional broadcasters reach new audiences.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Michael Goodman, Nitesh Patel, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
U.S. vMVPDs added 868k subscribers in 2Q 2018 but overall pay TV subs fell
Aug 21, 2018 – Strategy Analytics’ analysis of U.S. pay TV subscriber numbers shows vMVPDs with 868K net adds in 2Q 2018 bringing the total number of vMVPD subscribers to 6.73M, up 119% YoY. Despite this, overall pay TV subscribers fell to 93.78M.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Michael Goodman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Global spend on TV and Video will reach $559 billion in 2022
Aug 14, 2018 – Strategy Analytics has forecast that global consumer and advertising spend on TV and video will grow from $490 billion in 2017 to $559 billion in 2022, an increase of $69 billion. Spend on OTT video will account for 90% of the growth.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Michael Goodman, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Terrestrial, Worldwide
Successful operators will embrace $312Bn enterprise video opportunity
May 1, 2018 – Enterprise video markets such as eLearning, Video Communications and Video Surveillance should be targeted by operators looking to benefit from the transition to IP-based services over the next few years, according to a study from Strategy Analytics, sponsored by Huawei.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Huawei, Andreas Koehler, Michael Goodman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Global video revenues hit $70bn in 2017
Mar 6, 2018 – Online services such as Netflix and Amazon Prime Video have transformed the video business in recent years, but according to the latest research from Strategy Analytics, revenue increases will be even higher in the next four years than in the previous four years.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Michael Goodman, Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
250 million households now pay for streaming video services
Feb 27, 2018 – The number of households worldwide which pay for streaming video services such as Netflix and Amazon Video has now broken through the 250 million mark, according to the latest research from Strategy Analytics.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Michael Goodman, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers, Worldwide
Pay TV firms to continue to dominate $126bn US video/TV market
Jun 21, 2017 – The video and TV market is changing, but not as fast as many people are suggesting. In a new report, Strategy Analytics predicts that annual spending on subscription video and TV services in the US will peak at $130.3B in 2019.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Michael Goodman, David Mercer, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, USA
5G could herald another wave of TV disruption
Feb 6, 2017 – TV and video delivery is likely to become a core capability of next generation 5G wireless services according to Strategy Analytics. Recent demonstrations have suggested that 5G will support 1Gbps data throughput rates.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Sue Rudd, Michael Goodman, David Mercer, Broadband, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
First sign of saturation in U.S. video streaming market
May 25, 2016 – The first sign that the U.S. video streaming market is approaching saturation is revealed in a new forecast from research and consulting firm, Strategy Analytics, which shows the growth rate slowing for the first time.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Michael Goodman, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system