Digital TV News: Michel Rahier
STMicroelectronics announces Ultra-HDp60 STB SoCs for the China market
Mar 24, 2015 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) is addressing the Chinese Ultra HDp60 market with its newly revealed quad-core system-on-chip ICs (STiH314/318 and STiH414/418), part of its well-established and accepted Cannes/ Monaco family.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Technicolor, Philippe Notton, Michel Rahier, CCBN, China, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Technicolor delivers 11 millionth set-top box to Tata Sky
Jul 21, 2014 – Technicolor (Euronext Paris: TCH ; OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced the delivery of the 11 millionth Technicolor set-top box to Tata Sky, India's leading direct to home (DTH) service provider and HD market leader.
News categories: Technicolor, Tata Sky, Michel Rahier, Harit Nagpal, India, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box
Technicolor announces 4K set top box deal with Tata Sky
May 15, 2014 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced an agreement with Tata Sky, India's leading direct to home (DTH) service provider and HD market leader, to provide 4K Set Top Boxes in volume early 2015.
News categories: Technicolor, Tata Sky, Michel Rahier, Harit Nagpal, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box
Technicolor demonstrates industry’s first 4Kp60 set-top box
Apr 29, 2014 – Technicolor (Euronext Paris: TCH) has announced the availability of world’s first 'high-frame-rate' 4Kp60 (60 frames per second) Set Top Box, which will be showcased during The Cable Show.
News categories: Technicolor, Michel Rahier, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Technicolor and NAGRA integrate Qeo communication framework with OpenTV 5
Sep 13, 2013 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH) and NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) have announced a partnership which will leverage Technicolor's Qeo communication framework to develop innovative applications for OpenTV 5 that enable interoperability with other devices.
News categories: Technicolor, NAGRA, Samir Mehta, Michel Rahier, Digital TV, Gateway, IBC2020, Middleware, Smart Home
Technicolor and Qualcomm collaborate on DTT+LTE Android STB
Sep 12, 2013 – Technicolor and Qualcomm (NASDAQ: QCOM) have collaborated to produce a new set-top box, known as SVELTE (Stimulating Video Experience over LTE), featuring LTE technology, terrestrial broadcast and Android OS.
News categories: Technicolor, Qualcomm, Michel Rahier, Raj Talluri, 5G, Broadband, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Technicolor to provide Hathway with Gateway and HD Set-Top Box
Jul 17, 2013 – Technicolor (PARIS: TCH) has announced that it has been awarded two contracts from Hathway, India's leading cable broadband service provider, for MediaAccess gateways and MediaPlay set-top boxes.
News categories: Technicolor, Hathway, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Gateway, India, Set Top Box
Technicolor wins two set-top box supply contract extensions with Tata Sky
Feb 18, 2013 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH) has announced that it has won two extension contracts from Tata Sky. Tata Sky has granted Technicolor extension to the initial contracts for its HD-enabled zapper (MediaPlay DSI715) and SD satellite zapper (MediaPlay DSI309).
News categories: Technicolor, Tata Sky, Digital TV, India, Set Top Box
Technicolor unveils Qeo, a software bridging ecosystems to interconnect devices and applications of all brands
Jan 7, 2013 – Technicolor (PARIS: TCH) has announced the release of Qeo, a software framework that allows for seamless interoperability between devices and applications of all brands and ecosystems.
News categories: Technicolor, Qeo, CES2020, Middleware, Smart Home
- FourthWall Media adds Neilsen Smart TV ACR data to analytics platform
- TDS Telecom rolls-out IP video and Cloud DVR with Velocix
- A1now selects Vionlabs for AI-powered recommendations
- Global AVOD expenditure to double
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
- Disney+ and Apple TV+ both see success during first six months in the market
- Comcast, Charter and ViacomCBS announce Blockgraph partnership
- Britbox app now available on BT TV set-top boxes
- Conviva partners with Akamai on QoE intelligence
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Bouygues Telecom replaces set-top box with Smart TV app
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey