Digital TV News: Michelle Abraham
H.264 Decoder IC Market to Grow 20% Annually Through 2013
Nov 11, 2010 – H.264 decoders are beginning to appear in many solutions and the compression scheme is becoming more popular. As a result In-Stat expects H.264 decoder ICs to grow at an annual rate in excess of 20% through 2013.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
MPEG Video SoC Market Riding Along with the Consumer Electronics Market
Aug 31, 2010 – Growth in shipments of various video products in the consumer electronics market, even in a year with economic uncertainty like 2009, helped the MPEG video SoC market reach over 650 million units in 2009, says In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Market Research, Portable, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Blu-ray Chips Overtake Standard DVD Chips in 2009
Feb 10, 2010 – The transition from DVD to Blu-ray is creating a substantial opportunity for Blu-ray semiconductor companies, reports In-Stat. Blu-ray player semiconductor content overtook DVD player semi content for the first time in 2009.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, Optical Disc Recorder, Semiconductor
MPEG IC Shipments on Track to Reach 2 Billion units
Feb 1, 2010 – As consumers access digital video on more devices, applications for MPEG digital video compression technology are expanding, particularly in portable devices, reports In-Stat. As a result, shipments of MPEG ICs will reach 2 billion units by 2013.
News categories: In-Stat, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, Mobile, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart TV
Blu-Ray and Network Connectivity Finally Start Encroaching on DVD in Disc Player/Recorder Market
Jan 25, 2010 – High-volume shipments of Blu-ray players, most of which feature network connectivity, are finally making inroads into the broader disc player and recorder market, reports In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, Optical Disc Recorder, OTT, Semiconductor
'Avatar' and Other 3D Movies Set the Stage for 3D TV Debut
Jan 12, 2010 – The popularity of Avatar and other 3D movies will put 3D TV on the map for consumers, reports In-Stat. 2010 will be a big year for 3D entertainment, as movie studios release more 3D films shown in a growing number of 3D-equipped theaters.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, VR
Cavium Networks Introduces New Family of PureVu™ Single Chip H.264 Processors
Jan 6, 2010 – Cavium Networks (NASDAQ: CAVM) has announced a new family of full HD (1080p60) system-on-a-chip (SoC) H.264 video processors for consumer and enterprise applications.
News categories: Cavium Networks, CES2020, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Siano Teams with World's Largest PND Makers
Dec 22, 2009 – Siano Mobile Silicon has announced that the world's largest Personal Navigation Device (PND) makers, Garmin, Mio, Navigon and others - have integrated its leading MDTV receiver chips into their latest consumer GPS products.
News categories: Siano Mobile, CES2020, Mobile, Portable, Semiconductor
Silicon Image Introduces New 4K and 3D H.264 Digital Video Decoder IP Core
Dec 15, 2009 – Silicon Image (NASDAQ: SIMG) has announced the newest member of its IP core family, the cineramIC™ 4K and 3D H.264 digital video decoder, for digital TV (DTV), set-top-box (STB) and camcorder SoCs, as well as professional applications.
News categories: Silicon Image, CES2020, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, VR
- EnTouch Systems joins RCN, Grande, Wave group
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Sandvine releases 2020 Mobile Internet Phenomena report
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- Cello launches Freeview Play Smart TV with Alexa in UK
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature