Digital TV News: Microsoft Azure
ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
Oct 15, 2019 – ARK Multicasting has announced an agreement with Microsoft. The companies will work together to test technology approaches to address both the broadband gap in rural America and media distribution using ARK’s broadcast network.
News categories: ARK Multicasting, Microsoft, Vern Fotheringham, Shelley McKinley, Broadband, Terrestrial, USA
Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
Sep 19, 2019 – Eros Now is to build an online video platform on Microsoft Azure targeted at its consumers across the globe. Eros’ work with Microsoft will help transform how it delivers streaming services and reimagine the offerings it can provide.
News categories: Eros International, Microsoft, Rishika Lulla Singh, Peggy Johnson, Anant Maheshwari, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, OTT, UX, Worldwide
MediaKind launches technology alliance at IBC 2019
Sep 12, 2019 – At IBC2019, MediaKind is launching the MediaKind Universe Alliance - a partnership program which gives content providers, service providers, and operators access to solutions that combine technologies and services from MediaKind with partners in Cloud and other offerings.
News categories: MediaKind, Raul Aldrey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, Worldwide
Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
May 16, 2019 – Sony and Microsoft have announced that Sony will use Microsoft Azure datacenter solutions for its game and content streaming services, and that the two companies will explore joint development of cloud solutions for the future.
News categories: Microsoft, Sony Corp, Satya Nadell, Kenichiro Yoshida, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Globant simplifies OTT app workflow with Microsoft Azure
Apr 8, 2019 – Globant has announced the availability of Signal OTT, a platform-as-a-service (PaaS) offering on Microsoft Azure. This will help media houses and content publishers reach and engage users across device form factors and drive new revenue streams through delightful experiences.
News categories: Globant, Microsoft Azure, Russ Whitman, Diego Tártara, Sudheer Sirivara, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, UX, Worldwide
THEO Technologies and IRIS.TV added to the VDMS ecosystem
Apr 8, 2019 – Verizon Digital Media Services (VDMS) has announced partnerships with THEO Technologies and Iris.TV to integrate their technologies with the VDMS platform. The addition expands VDMS’ capability to deliver personalized experiences with a simple workflow on a single platform.
News categories: Verizon Digital Media Services, THEO Technologies, Iris.TV, Ralf Jacob, Steven Tielemans, Field Garthwaite, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow, Worldwide
VDMS and Microsoft partner to deliver global streaming platform
Apr 4, 2019 – Verizon Digital Media Services (VDMS) has announced that it is working with Microsoft to deliver a simpler way for broadcasters, content owners or streaming services to deliver personalized viewing experiences on Microsoft Azure.
News categories: Verizon Digital Media Services, Microsoft Azure, Ralf Jacob, Scott Guthrie, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
Akamai expands partnership With Microsoft Azure
Apr 3, 2019 – Akamai (NASDAQ: AKAM) has announced that it has integrated its CDN capabilities with Microsoft Azure Media Services and Blob Storage. The collaboration will make it easier for media organizations to combine cloud-based video processing with edge delivery.
News categories: Akamai, Microsoft Azure, Dr. Tom Leighton, Scott Guthrie, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, TV Everywhere, Worldwide
24i Media delivers AI optimized discovery and recommendations with Microsoft Azure
Apr 3, 2019 – In a move to empower its customers to make their video services more personalized, powerful and intuitive, 24i Media has integrated Microsoft Azure Media Services: Video Indexer into its product line, enabling customers to build enhanced search experiences into their apps.
News categories: 24i Media, Microsoft Azure, Martijn van Horssen, Sudheer Sirivara, Big Data, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, UX, Worldwide
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues