Digital TV News: Microsoft Azure
Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
May 16, 2019 – Sony and Microsoft have announced that Sony will use Microsoft Azure datacenter solutions for its game and content streaming services, and that the two companies will explore joint development of cloud solutions for the future.
News categories: Microsoft, Sony Corp, Satya Nadell, Kenichiro Yoshida, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Globant simplifies OTT app workflow with Microsoft Azure
Apr 8, 2019 – Globant has announced the availability of Signal OTT, a platform-as-a-service (PaaS) offering on Microsoft Azure. This will help media houses and content publishers reach and engage users across device form factors and drive new revenue streams through delightful experiences.
News categories: Globant, Microsoft Azure, Russ Whitman, Diego Tártara, Sudheer Sirivara, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, UX, Worldwide
THEO Technologies and IRIS.TV added to the VDMS ecosystem
Apr 8, 2019 – Verizon Digital Media Services (VDMS) has announced partnerships with THEO Technologies and Iris.TV to integrate their technologies with the VDMS platform. The addition expands VDMS’ capability to deliver personalized experiences with a simple workflow on a single platform.
News categories: Verizon Digital Media Services, THEO Technologies, Iris.TV, Ralf Jacob, Steven Tielemans, Field Garthwaite, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow, Worldwide
VDMS and Microsoft partner to deliver global streaming platform
Apr 4, 2019 – Verizon Digital Media Services (VDMS) has announced that it is working with Microsoft to deliver a simpler way for broadcasters, content owners or streaming services to deliver personalized viewing experiences on Microsoft Azure.
News categories: Verizon Digital Media Services, Microsoft Azure, Ralf Jacob, Scott Guthrie, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
Akamai expands partnership With Microsoft Azure
Apr 3, 2019 – Akamai (NASDAQ: AKAM) has announced that it has integrated its CDN capabilities with Microsoft Azure Media Services and Blob Storage. The collaboration will make it easier for media organizations to combine cloud-based video processing with edge delivery.
News categories: Akamai, Microsoft Azure, Dr. Tom Leighton, Scott Guthrie, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, TV Everywhere, Worldwide
24i Media delivers AI optimized discovery and recommendations with Microsoft Azure
Apr 3, 2019 – In a move to empower its customers to make their video services more personalized, powerful and intuitive, 24i Media has integrated Microsoft Azure Media Services: Video Indexer into its product line, enabling customers to build enhanced search experiences into their apps.
News categories: 24i Media, Microsoft Azure, Martijn van Horssen, Sudheer Sirivara, Big Data, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, UX, Worldwide
Telestream offers media processing in Microsoft Azure
Apr 2, 2019 – Telestream has announced that its Vantage Cloud Port media processing services have been qualified to run on Microsoft Azure. Vantage Cloud Port allows Cloud execution of Vantage processing actions using containerized micro-services with engines identical to on-prem services.
News categories: Telestream, Microsoft Azure, Anna Greco, Sudheer Sirivara, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Telefónica and Microsoft collaborate on AI for telcos
Feb 25, 2019 – Telefónica and Microsoft have announced a strategic partnership. The agreement will combine the power of Telefónica's networks, customer proposition and global reach with the Microsoft Azure AI platform to design services telcos will offer in the future.
News categories: Telefónica, Microsoft, José María Álvarez-Pallete, Satya Nadella, Europe, Latin America, MWC19, Smart Home, UX, Worldwide
EY and Microsoft launch blockchain solution for content rights and royalties management
Jun 21, 2018 – EY and Microsoft have launched a blockchain solution for content rights and royalties management. Aiming to streamline the processes in entertainment rights and royalties, the solution is first being deployed within gaming.
News categories: EY, Microsoft, Ubisoft, Paul Brody, Deep Ghumman, Grace Lao, Brad Wright, Loic Amans, Saurabh Gupta, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, Worldwide
- Harmonic enables Guangdong Radio and Television's UHD broadcasts
- Verimatrix and moTV.eu provide hybrid platform for Mongolsat Networks
- SERAPHIC and CVTE offer customisable Freeview Play 4K TV solution
- TVB deploys Harmonic content-aware encoding on Hong Kong OTT platform
- Atari VCS home gaming and entertainment platform unveiled
- 120% increase in CTV and mobile apps classified as fraudulent
- Vimeo adds support for AV1 codec
- Fox Corp and ad agencies join Project OAR addressable TV consortium
- Proximus launches Pickx TV interface and Android P decoder
- Pluto TV arrives on Comcast Xfinity X1 set-tops
- UEFA launches free-to-air OTT digital platform
- Europe is not cord-cutting right across the board
- Global pay TV subscriptions to grow to 1.10 billion by 2024
- MadHive, Inscape to enable linear, OTT planning, activation & attribution for Local TV
- MediaMath launches contextual ad targeting for video with IRIS.TV
- NAGRA to demonstrate technology portfolio at ConnecTechAsia 2019
- Shenzhen Topway goes Ultra HD with Harmonic
- Esports to break the billion-dollar barrier in 2020
- Rakuten launches Rakuten Sports streaming service
- Ericsson Mobility Report: 5G uptake even faster than expected