Digital TV News: Microsoft Azure
Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
May 16, 2019 – Sony and Microsoft have announced that Sony will use Microsoft Azure datacenter solutions for its game and content streaming services, and that the two companies will explore joint development of cloud solutions for the future.
News categories: Microsoft, Sony Corp, Satya Nadell, Kenichiro Yoshida, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Globant simplifies OTT app workflow with Microsoft Azure
Apr 8, 2019 – Globant has announced the availability of Signal OTT, a platform-as-a-service (PaaS) offering on Microsoft Azure. This will help media houses and content publishers reach and engage users across device form factors and drive new revenue streams through delightful experiences.
News categories: Globant, Microsoft Azure, Russ Whitman, Diego Tártara, Sudheer Sirivara, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, UX, Worldwide
THEO Technologies and IRIS.TV added to the VDMS ecosystem
Apr 8, 2019 – Verizon Digital Media Services (VDMS) has announced partnerships with THEO Technologies and Iris.TV to integrate their technologies with the VDMS platform. The addition expands VDMS’ capability to deliver personalized experiences with a simple workflow on a single platform.
News categories: Verizon Digital Media Services, THEO Technologies, Iris.TV, Ralf Jacob, Steven Tielemans, Field Garthwaite, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow, Worldwide
VDMS and Microsoft partner to deliver global streaming platform
Apr 4, 2019 – Verizon Digital Media Services (VDMS) has announced that it is working with Microsoft to deliver a simpler way for broadcasters, content owners or streaming services to deliver personalized viewing experiences on Microsoft Azure.
News categories: Verizon Digital Media Services, Microsoft Azure, Ralf Jacob, Scott Guthrie, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
Akamai expands partnership With Microsoft Azure
Apr 3, 2019 – Akamai (NASDAQ: AKAM) has announced that it has integrated its CDN capabilities with Microsoft Azure Media Services and Blob Storage. The collaboration will make it easier for media organizations to combine cloud-based video processing with edge delivery.
News categories: Akamai, Microsoft Azure, Dr. Tom Leighton, Scott Guthrie, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, TV Everywhere, Worldwide
24i Media delivers AI optimized discovery and recommendations with Microsoft Azure
Apr 3, 2019 – In a move to empower its customers to make their video services more personalized, powerful and intuitive, 24i Media has integrated Microsoft Azure Media Services: Video Indexer into its product line, enabling customers to build enhanced search experiences into their apps.
News categories: 24i Media, Microsoft Azure, Martijn van Horssen, Sudheer Sirivara, Big Data, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, UX, Worldwide
Telestream offers media processing in Microsoft Azure
Apr 2, 2019 – Telestream has announced that its Vantage Cloud Port media processing services have been qualified to run on Microsoft Azure. Vantage Cloud Port allows Cloud execution of Vantage processing actions using containerized micro-services with engines identical to on-prem services.
News categories: Telestream, Microsoft Azure, Anna Greco, Sudheer Sirivara, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Telefónica and Microsoft collaborate on AI for telcos
Feb 25, 2019 – Telefónica and Microsoft have announced a strategic partnership. The agreement will combine the power of Telefónica's networks, customer proposition and global reach with the Microsoft Azure AI platform to design services telcos will offer in the future.
News categories: Telefónica, Microsoft, José María Álvarez-Pallete, Satya Nadella, Europe, Latin America, MWC19, Smart Home, UX, Worldwide
EY and Microsoft launch blockchain solution for content rights and royalties management
Jun 21, 2018 – EY and Microsoft have launched a blockchain solution for content rights and royalties management. Aiming to streamline the processes in entertainment rights and royalties, the solution is first being deployed within gaming.
News categories: EY, Microsoft, Ubisoft, Paul Brody, Deep Ghumman, Grace Lao, Brad Wright, Loic Amans, Saurabh Gupta, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, Worldwide
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event
- Singtel TV subscribers up 1,100 in 2Q 2019
- Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 58,000 in 2Q 2019