Digital TV News: Mike Fries
Liberty Global Vodafone deal approved by European Commission
Jul 18, 2019 – European Commission has announced its final approval of the sale of Liberty Global’s operations in Germany, Hungary, Romania and the Czech Republic to Vodafone Group. The transaction, announced May 9, 2018, has a total enterprise value of approximately €19 billion [$21.5] billion, on a GAAP basis.
News categories: Liberty Global, European Commission, Vodafone, Mike Fries, Cable TV, Czech Republic, Digital TV, EU, Germany, Hungary, MnA, Regulation, Romania
Liberty Global organic video subscriber losses at 60,500 for 1Q 2019
May 6, 2019 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has announced its financial results for the first quarter of 2019. The company's Vodafone and Sunrise transactions remain on track to close during the summer of 2019 and Q4 2019, respectively.
News categories: Liberty Global, Mike Fries, Belgium, Cable TV, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Poland, Results, Romania, Satellite, Set Top Box, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland, UK
Liberty Global to sell UPC Switzerland to Sunrise
Feb 27, 2019 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has announced that it has agreed to sell its Swiss operation, UPC Switzerland, to Sunrise Communications Group. The transaction will create the leading converged challenger in the market.
News categories: Liberty Global, Sunrise Communications, Mike Fries, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, Switzerland
Vodafone to acquire Liberty Global’s operations in Germany, the Czech Republic, Hungary and Romania
May 9, 2018 – Vodafone has announced that it has agreed to acquire Unitymedia in Germany and Liberty Global’s operations (excluding its 'Direct Home' business) in the Czech Republic, Hungary, and Romania, for a total enterprise value of €18.4 billion.
News categories: Vodafone, Liberty Global, Mike Fries, Cable TV, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Hungary, MnA, Romania
Liberty Latin America completes split-off from Liberty Global
Jan 2, 2018 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ:LILA) (NASDAQ:LILAK) (OTC Link:LILAB) has announced the completion of its previously announced split-off from Liberty Global and its launch as an independent, publicly-traded company.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Liberty Global, Balan Nair, Mike Fries, Cable TV, Caribbean, Chile, Digital TV, Latin America, MnA, Puerto Rico, Seychelles
Liberty Global announces global Netflix partnership
Sep 14, 2016 – Liberty Global has revealed a multi-year partnership with Netflix which will lead to Netflix’s content being made available to Liberty Global video customers across more than 30 countries around the world.
News categories: Liberty Global, Netflix, Mike Fries, Reed Hastings, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
Liberty Global to Acquire Virgin Media
Feb 6, 2013 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) and Virgin Media (NASDAQ: VMED; LSE: VMED) have announced that they have entered into an agreement pursuant to which Liberty Global will acquire Virgin Media in a stock and cash merger valued at approximately $23.3 billion.
News categories: Liberty Global, Virgin Media, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, UK
Liberty Global Launches Horizon TV
Sep 7, 2012 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has announced the launch of Horizon TV, a new family of media products that allow customers to view and share all of their favorite content across the TV, computer, tablet and smartphone.
News categories: Liberty Global, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, Ireland, Middleware, Netherlands, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smartphone, Switzerland, Tablet, TV Everywhere
Liberty Global Unveils Next-Generation TV Platform at IBC
Sep 8, 2011 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has presented 'Horizon', an elegant media and entertainment platform for the home, which seamlessly integrates cable, web-based and personal content.
News categories: Liberty Global, Apps, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Germany, IBC2019, Middleware, Netherlands, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smartphone, Switzerland, Tablet
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event
- Singtel TV subscribers up 1,100 in 2Q 2019
- Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 58,000 in 2Q 2019