Digital TV News: Mike Law
Roku announces Measurement Partner Program for OTT advertising
Oct 9, 2018 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has announced a Measurement Partner Program to help brands and publishers quantify the impact of OTT advertising campaigns running on the Roku platform across a wide variety of marketing and sales outcomes.
News categories: Roku, Dentsu Aegis Network, Dan Robbins, Mike Law, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
Cable and telco DVRs cost US consumers ~$1.84B annually due to ineffective power saving
Aug 20, 2018 – Sense has announced that an analysis of digital video recorders (DVRs) from cable and telco providers shows that they consume nearly as much energy while idle as when your TV is on, and their energy saving modes are not effective.
News categories: Sense, Mike Phillips, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Set Top Box, USA
Deutsche Telekom's EntertainTV adds UHD, Netflix and exclusive series
Sep 1, 2017 – Deutsche Telekom is massively expanding its EntertainTV entertainment offering. Besides technological improvements to the media receiver to support UHD and direct access to Netflix, Deutsche Telekom is also increasing the range of content on offer.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Michael Hagspihl, Digital TV, Germany, IFA, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box
Adobe announces Adobe Advertising Cloud TV
Jun 19, 2017 – Adobe (Nasdaq:ADBE) has announced the launch of Adobe Advertising Cloud TV, a solution for automated, data-driven planning and buying of TV advertising. The platform reaches over 95% of American households.
News categories: Adobe, Brett Wilson, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
AllSeen Alliance and Open Connectivity Foundation to merge
Oct 10, 2016 – The Open Connectivity Foundation (OCF), sponsor of the IoTivity open source project, and AllSeen Alliance, which provides the AllJoyn open source IoT framework, have announced that the two organizations are to merge.
News categories: Open Connectivity Foundation, AllSeen Alliance, Mike Richmond, Danny Lousberg, MnA, Smart Home, Worldwide
US-Based Telcos Rely on Celeno Wi-Fi for IPTV Services
Apr 14, 2010 – Celeno Communications has announced multiple deployments in the United States of Celeno-enabled video bridges for whole-home HD IPTV wireless distribution.
News categories: Celeno, IPTV, Semiconductor, Smart Home, USA
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum reveals LatAm key findings
- Beeline deploys Kaltura TV Platform in Kazakhstan
- Spearad launches monetization technology for addressable TV and audio
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient