Digital TV News: Mike Law
Roku announces Measurement Partner Program for OTT advertising
Oct 9, 2018 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has announced a Measurement Partner Program to help brands and publishers quantify the impact of OTT advertising campaigns running on the Roku platform across a wide variety of marketing and sales outcomes.
News categories: Roku, Dentsu Aegis Network, Dan Robbins, Mike Law, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
Cable and telco DVRs cost US consumers ~$1.84B annually due to ineffective power saving
Aug 20, 2018 – Sense has announced that an analysis of digital video recorders (DVRs) from cable and telco providers shows that they consume nearly as much energy while idle as when your TV is on, and their energy saving modes are not effective.
News categories: Sense, Mike Phillips, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Set Top Box, USA
Deutsche Telekom's EntertainTV adds UHD, Netflix and exclusive series
Sep 1, 2017 – Deutsche Telekom is massively expanding its EntertainTV entertainment offering. Besides technological improvements to the media receiver to support UHD and direct access to Netflix, Deutsche Telekom is also increasing the range of content on offer.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Michael Hagspihl, Digital TV, Germany, IFA, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box
Adobe announces Adobe Advertising Cloud TV
Jun 19, 2017 – Adobe (Nasdaq:ADBE) has announced the launch of Adobe Advertising Cloud TV, a solution for automated, data-driven planning and buying of TV advertising. The platform reaches over 95% of American households.
News categories: Adobe, Brett Wilson, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
AllSeen Alliance and Open Connectivity Foundation to merge
Oct 10, 2016 – The Open Connectivity Foundation (OCF), sponsor of the IoTivity open source project, and AllSeen Alliance, which provides the AllJoyn open source IoT framework, have announced that the two organizations are to merge.
News categories: Open Connectivity Foundation, AllSeen Alliance, Mike Richmond, Danny Lousberg, MnA, Smart Home, Worldwide
US-Based Telcos Rely on Celeno Wi-Fi for IPTV Services
Apr 14, 2010 – Celeno Communications has announced multiple deployments in the United States of Celeno-enabled video bridges for whole-home HD IPTV wireless distribution.
News categories: Celeno, IPTV, Semiconductor, Smart Home, USA
- FCC opens up for ATSC 3.0 license applications
- Sky Deutschland adds multiroom box to Sky Q offering
- Openview STB activations growing at 35,000 per month
- 2019 LG AI ThinQ TVs add Amazon Alexa support
- Telcos to dominate Western European pay TV
- Roku introduces analytics and planning tools for OTT advertisers
- IHS Markit and Informa to exchange business units
- Evergent and Synamedia partner to power and monetize video experience
- TiVo integrates demographics, ad airings, and mobile devices into TV Viewership Data
- Fraunhofer IIS licenses MPEG-H audio patents to LG
- AminoTV deployed on multi-tenant platform at DELTA and Caiway
- China Smart Speaker surge puts Baidu, Alibaba, Xiaomi in reach of Amazon and Google
- SpotX and Jukin Media partner for connected TV monetization
- OTT monitoring and compliance market to expand at a CAGR of 15.8%
- Sony’s first 8K TVs go on sale in early June
- Wirecard provides international payment services for BluTV
- SUPER RTL selects 3SS for Kividoo Kids service relaunch
- Rakuten LIVE interactive streaming service launched
- Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
- IoT now numbers 22 billion devices, but where is the revenue?