Digital TV News: Mikko Saarentaus
DNA to offer Android TV STB in Finland
May 3, 2017 – DNA has announced the launch of its DNA TV-hubi device in Finland. The box combines all forms of watching television, channels, applications, games and music into a single convenient service.
News categories: DNA, Sagemcom, Mikko Saarentaus, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Finland, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Finland's DNA upgrades OTT with Booxmedia and Verimatrix
Jul 28, 2015 – Booxmedia and Verimatrix have announced that DNA has upgraded its over-the-top (OTT) video service, DNA TV, with Booxmedia’s OTT platform, which is now secured by the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) for Internet TV.
News categories: Booxmedia, Verimatrix, DNA, Jukka Sintonen, Steve Oetegenn, Mikko Saarentaus, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Finland, OTT
Finland's DNA launches on-demand television with SeaChange
Mar 12, 2014 – Finland's DNA has launched an on-demand TV service on SeaChange's (Nasdaq:SEAC) Adrenalin multi-screen TV software platform. DNA Welho Entertainment allows people to view their favorite television shows independent of time and place.
News categories: SeaChange, DNA Oy, Mikko Saarentaus, Andrei Noppe, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Finland, Middleware, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
Finland's DNA begins multiscreen pilot with Conax and partners
Sep 5, 2012 – Conax has announced that Finnish Cable and Terrestrial operator, DNA, has entered a multiscreen pilot with partners Conax, Cubiware, MPS Broadband and Envivio. The pilot will include end-user testing with various multiscreen services and devices.
News categories: Conax, DNA Oy, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Finland, Middleware, Smartphone, Tablet, Terrestrial, TV Everywhere
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers