Digital TV News: Milya Timergaleyeva
Alcatel-Lucent to integrate PERSEUS video compression and Oregan Video Client
Sep 7, 2015 – V-Nova has announced that Alcatel-Lucent plans to integrate PERSEUS video compression technology with its Cloud DVR platform and Oregan's Multiscreen Cloud Video Client. The aim is to provide significant improvements in IP Video delivery to both greenfield customer deployments and existing infrastructures.
News categories: Oregan, V-Nova, Alcatel-Lucent, Milya Timergaleyeva, Eric Achtmann, Paul Larbey, Digital TV, IBC2019, Media Player, Mobile, Worldwide
Batelco BlackBox Pioneers Broadband TV in Bahrain using Oregan Digital TV Middleware
Nov 30, 2012 – Oregan Networks has announced that Batelco, the largest telecom operator and ISP in Bahrain, has based the country's first broadband video service on set-top boxes using Oregan's technology.
News categories: Oregan Networks, Batelco, Bahrain, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
LOVEFiLM Service Widens Its Reach with Oregan's Onyx Browser for Connected TVs
Mar 14, 2011 – LOVEFiLM launches its WatchNow video service on Oregan Networks' Onyx media browser, which will further increase LOVEFiLM's platform capability to address a broader cross section of internet-connected televisions and set-top boxes.
News categories: Oregan Networks, LOVEFiLM, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
Oregan's Onyx Delivers New Apps to Access Hollywood Blockbuster Movie Content, Casual Gaming and TV Series Catch-up in HD
Dec 30, 2010 – Oregan Networks has announced availability of an updated version of its Onyx software featuring enhanced speed and security, as well as providing access to new home entertainment applications, powered by blinkbox and Accedo Broadband.
News categories: Oregan Networks, blinkbox, Accedo Broadband, CES, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
Oregan to Launch Onyx Branded HD Internet Media Player for the UK
Sep 20, 2010 – Oregan Networks has announced the launch of its Onyx STB, manufactured by Digital Streams. The device offers a way for consumers to stream UK internet video and music, as well as accessing photo sharing and social networking sites on their TVs.
News categories: Oregan Networks, Digital Stream, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
Oregan Unveils 'Onyx Dual' Remote Control in Collaboration with Philips Home Control
Sep 9, 2010 – Oregan Networks is showcasing a new motion sensing remote control designed to facilitate an easy text input method into on-screen search menus, user profile settings and social networking apps.
News categories: Oregan Networks, IBC2019, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Social TV
Micronas and Oregan Networks Partner to Bring Internet TV, Movies, Pictures, and Games to the TV
Dec 22, 2008 – Micronas (SIX: MASN) has announced that it is partnering with Oregan Networks™ to offer a complete solution for next-generation internet-connected televisions. The solution is based on Micronas' Pegasus IDTV platform.
News categories: Micronas, Oregan Networks, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
Edgeware and Oregan to Demonstrate Web TV Services Ecosystem at IBC 2008
Sep 11, 2008 – Edgeware and Oregan Networks have announced that they plan to demonstrate interoperability between the new Edgeware Reflex Web TV Server and the Oregan Media Browser client solution at IBC 2008.
News categories: Edgeware, Oregan Networks, Content Distribution, IBC2019, Middleware, OTT
Flash® video and user generated content on TV becomes a reality with Oregan™ Media Browser
Dec 17, 2007 – Oregan Networks has released a technology feature that makes it possible for consumers to access and control Adobe® Flash® streaming video directly on TV, thus broadening entertainment and communications options for the mass market audience of TV viewers.
News categories: Oregan Networks, Digital TV, Media Player, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019
- INNOPIA, Amlogic and Verimatrix offer Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid platform
- EU cable revenue hits all-time high of €24 billion in 2018
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching
- Fincons to present Smart Digital Platform compatible with both HbbTV and ATSC 3.0
- Telefónica announces Movistar Living Apps for its STBs
- Sunrise terminates plan to buy UPC Switzerland
- Astro Malaysia releases Astro Ultra Box
- DVB approves DVB-I specification
- Partner Communications selects Broadpeak for server-side ad insertion
- Irdeto and Amlogic launch Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid STB platform
- INNOPIA becomes Netflix Hailstorm Hybrid partner with Synaptics and NAGRA
- Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV
- EU clears Telia's acquisition of Bonnier Broadcasting with conditions
- Bitmovin receives €20 million of funding from EIB
- Discovery partners with Inscape for TV audience measurement
- SVoD subscriptions in N. America to grow at 9% CAGR from 2019 to 2023