Digital TV News: Mobile TeleSystems
MTS launches satellite TV in Russia
Nov 12, 2014 – Mobile TeleSystems (MTS) [NYSE: MBT] in partnership with Sistema Mass Media (SMM) [LSE: SSA] has announced the launch of satellite TV services under the MTS brand throughout Russia. MTS will offer subscribers 160 TV channels.
News categories: Mobile TeleSystems, Vasyl Latsanych, Vitaly Studitskikh, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite
Russia's MTS launches new HD STB
Jul 29, 2014 – Mobile TeleSystems OJSC (“MTS” – NYSE: MBT), the leading telecommunications operator in Russia and the CIS, has announced the availability of a new high definition digital set-top box (STB).
News categories: Mobile TeleSystems, Cable TV, Digital TV, Russia, Set Top Box
MTS sole bidder for DTH on ABS-2 over Russia
Jul 14, 2014 – Russia's ROSKOMNADZOR has said that it has received only one application to run a DTH television service on ABS-2. The single bidder was Sistema. According to RBC Daily, the service will be operated by MTS, a company controlled by Sistema.
News categories: Mobile TeleSystems, Sistema, ROSKOMNADZOR, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Regulation, Russia, Satellite
Russia's MTS loses 325,000 pay TV subscribers in 2013
Mar 18, 2014 – Mobile TeleSystems (NYSE: MBT) has announced results for the three months and full year ended December 31, 2013. MTS finished 2013 with 2.613 million pay TV subscribers, down 325 thousand in year-on-year.
News categories: Mobile TeleSystems, Cable TV, Results, Russia, Subscribers
Russia's MTS buys hybrid TV solution from Ericsson
Feb 26, 2014 – Mobile TeleSystems (MTS) has signed an agreement for the purchase of a hybrid TV solution from Ericsson. The system will form a common platform for all of MTS' pay TV services across Russia.
News categories: Ericsson, Mobile TeleSystems, NVision, Cable TV, Content Distribution, IPTV, Russia
Pay TV now in more than half of Russian households
Dec 27, 2011 – According to iKS-Consulting, the number of pay TV subscribers in Russia at the end of 2011 is to reach 26 million, a growth rate of 21%, giving a household penetration of greater than 50%.
News categories: iKS-Consulting, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers
SmartLabs to provide IPTV set-top boxes to Russia's MTS
Nov 5, 2011 – Following an open tender process, Mobile TeleSystems OJSC (NYSE:MBT), a leading telecommunications operator in Russia and the CIS, has chosen SmartLabs as a provider of IPTV set-top boxes for the MTS Home TV service.
News categories: SmartLabs, Mobile TeleSystems, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Russia, Set Top Box
MTS Uzbekistan launches Mobile TV service
May 12, 2009 – MTS Uzbekistan (NYSE: MBT) has announced that the company is the first in Uzbekistan and one of the first in the CIS to launch a commercial mobile TV service. The company has launched the 3G service after a successful technical trial.
News categories: Mobile TeleSystems, 5G, Mobile, Uzbekistan
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5