Digital TV News: Montage LZ
Montage LZ selects Rambus CryptoMedia Core to secure STB ICs
Nov 1, 2018 – Rambus (NASDAQ: RMBS) has announced that its CryptoMedia core has been selected for integration into Montage LZ set-top box chips. The security core provides smart-card level security inside the chipset, eliminating the need for a separate smart card.
News categories: Rambus, Montage LZ, Dr. Martin Scott, Derek Chang, Content Protection, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Inview and Montage LZ offer joint STB middleware and chipset solution
Jan 12, 2018 – Inview and Montage LZ have announced they are collaborating to offer a pre-integrated set-top box middleware and chipset platform for emerging markets. This solution will offer a range of user experiences.
News categories: Inview, Montage, Raza Ansari, YC Lai, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Montage takes Kilopass anti-fuse NVM OTP IP for secure key storage in STB ICs
Dec 5, 2017 – Kilopass Technology has announced that its OTP NVM is designed into Montage Technology’s next generation set-top box chips. Kilopass’ Anti-Fuse NVM OTP IP provides hack-resistance storage for HDMI and conditional access security keys.
News categories: Kilopass Technology, Montage Technology, Linh Hong, Gene Liu, Content Protection, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Montage Technology licenses Allegro DVT video encoder IP for STB ICs
Oct 17, 2017 – Allegro DVT has announced that Montage Technology has licensed Allegro DVT's AL-E100 multi-format H.264/AVC and H.265/HEVC encoder IP for integration into its next-generation set-top box (STB) products.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Montage Technology, Pierre Marty, Gene Liu, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Worldwide
- Afghanistan Broadcasting System selects EUTELSAT 53A as its DTH platform
- StarHub pay TV households down 49,000 in 2018
- Encoding.com selected by Akamai as preferred partner for VOD transcoding
- U.S. smart speaker sales will exceed 64 million in 2022
- Brightcove to acquire Ooyala’s online video platform business
- DISH TV down ~380k; Sling TV up ~50k subs in 4Q 2018
- TVSquared partners with TiVo for deterministic attribution
- Telenet designs new YUGO bundle entirely around the smartphone
- FreeWheel chooses Nielsen to power audience-based multiscreen TV advertising
- GTPL Hathway adds 170,000 CATV digital subscribers in 4Q 2018
- Tastemade expands linear OTT footprint with Amagi
- FreeWheel Council for Premium Video Europe releases paper on programmatic technology
- Ethiopian broadcasters take video capacity on EUTELSAT 8 West B
- Survey finds one in four Malaysian consumers use pirate TV boxes
- Digital Voice Assistants in use to triple to 8 billion by 2023
- Amazon to acquire mesh WiFi company, eero
- LiveRamp expands identity solution to include connected TV
- CuriosityStream raises $140M in private placement
- Hong Kong to begin analogue TV switch off on November 30, 2020
- China's online video subscribers to surpass 300 million in 2019