Digital TV News: Motion Picture Association
Theatrical and Home Entertainment market exceeds $100bn for the first time in 2019
Mar 11, 2020 – The global entertainment market in 2019 topped $100 billion for the first time, reaching $101 billion, according to the Motion Picture Association. Home/mobile entertainment continued its explosive growth, reaching $58.8 billion.
News categories: Motion Picture Association, Charles Rivkin, Digital TV, Market Research, USA, Worldwide
Wirecard provides international payment services for BluTV
May 20, 2019 – Wirecard is supporting BluTV in its global expansion. BluTV is a Turkish digital streaming platform and offers Turkish content on a worldwide scale. As part of the internationalization of the streaming service, Wirecard is providing BluTV with digital payment solutions across Europe.
News categories: Wirecard, BluTV, Boris Bongartz, Alptug Copuroglu, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Turkey
Global theatrical and home entertainment market at $96.8bn in 2018
Mar 21, 2019 – The global entertainment market reached $96.8 billion in 2018 – a 9% increase over 2017 – according to data released by the MPAA. Global home entertainment increased by 16% over 2017 levels to reach $55.7 billion.
News categories: MPAA, Charles Rivkin, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Terrestrial, USA, Worldwide
Global home entertainment consumer spending up 11% in 2017
Apr 4, 2018 – The global entertainment market is expanding on multiple fronts, according to data released by the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA). Consumer spending for the combined theatrical and home entertainment markets has reached $88.4 billion worldwide.
News categories: MPAA, National Association of Theatre Owners, Charles Rivkin, John Fithian, Digital TV, Market Research, USA, Worldwide
CASBAA forms Coalition Against Piracy in Asia
Oct 19, 2017 – CASBAA has announced the formation of the Coalition Against Piracy (CAP), an initiative to coordinate industry resources in the fight against rampant content theft. The CAP includes leading video content creators and distributors in Asia.
News categories: CASBAA, John Medeiros, Neil Gane, Asia, Content Protection, Digital TV
Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment formed to reduce online piracy
Jun 13, 2017 – Thirty content creators and on-demand entertainment companies from around the world have launched the Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment (ACE), a global coalition dedicated to protecting the legal market for creative content and reducing online piracy.
News categories: Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
MobiTV collaborates with Marvell to deliver secure HD content in the home
Apr 8, 2013 – MobiTV has announced that it is collaborating with Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) to enable its Digital Rights Management (DRM) solution and Media Player on Marvell's ARMADA® 1500 HD media platform for enhanced delivery of secure HD content in the home.
News categories: MobiTV, Marvell, Digital TV, DRM, NABShow, OTT, Semiconductor
Irdeto Acquires Rovi Corporation's BD+ Technology for Blu-ray
Jul 7, 2011 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced the acquisition of BD+ technology for Blu-ray from Rovi Corporation (Nasdaq:ROVI). The newly acquired BD+ technology will fold into the company's Irdeto ActiveCloak™ for Media offering.
News categories: Irdeto, Rovi Corp, Blu-ray, Content Protection, Middleware
Irdeto Launches ActiveCloak for Media: Dynamic Security Solution to Combat Digital Entertainment Piracy
Feb 28, 2011 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has launched ActiveCloak for Media, the first and only dynamic security solution to protect and monetize high-value digital entertainment assets throughout their entire lifecycle and across a wide range of consumer devices.
News categories: Irdeto, Content Protection, Games Console, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers