Digital TV News: Mtel
Discovery and Cyfrowy Polsat to launch streaming platform
Oct 25, 2019 – Discovery and Cyfrowy Polsat have signed an agreement to create a video streaming platform which will operate in Poland and international markets. The new OTT service will give viewers a single destination to access the best of Polish content.
News categories: Discovery, Cyfrowy Polsat, Kasia Kieli, Maciej Stec, Digital TV, OTT, Poland, Worldwide
Cyfrowy Polsat launches OTT TV via new set-top-box
Jul 15, 2019 – Cyfrowy Polsat has launched an OTT TV service. The service is available on a new set-top-box, EVOBOX STREAM, either with a contract or PAYG. As well as the OTT TV offering the box can receive free-to-air DTT channels with the addition of a DVB-T antenna.
News categories: Cyfrowy Polsat, Maciej Stec, Digital TV, OTT, Poland, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
m:tel takes 100% control of Telrad Net
Feb 15, 2019 – Following a strategic plan that includes the acquisition of cable operators, Mtel has become the 100% owner of Telrad Net. Telrad Net is a telecommunications companyy in Bosnia and Herzegovina with services that include cable TV.
News categories: m:tel, Telrad Net, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA
Frequency planning process finalized for DTT transition in Central America and the Caribbean
Sep 19, 2018 – The ITU, in close collaboration with COMTELCA, CTU and CITEL, has finalized the cycle of regional frequency coordination meetings on the use of the VHF band (174-216 MHz) and the UHF band (470-806 MHz) in the Central America and Caribbean region.
News categories: International Telecommunication Union, Houlin Zhao, François Rancy, Caribbean, Central America, Digital TV, Regulation, Terrestrial
Magyar Telekom converts analogue cable customers to DVB-C
Jan 29, 2016 – Magyar Telekom (Reuters: MTEL.BU; Bloomberg: MTELEKOM HB) is to move its analogue cable TV service to digital in several regions including Budapest and Marcali. The company will provide converter boxes free of charge where required.
News categories: Magyar Telekom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Hungary, Set Top Box
KMTelecom deploys Amino HD set-top boxes for Minnesota IPTV rollout
Nov 5, 2014 – KMTelecom has completed the latest phase of its IPTV rollout deploying Amino set-top boxes across its fiber-to-the-home network. After a competitive product pitch, KMTelecom selected Amino’s A140 HD devices as part of triple-play offering.
News categories: Amino, KMTelecom, Donald McGarva, Russell Leitzen, Broadband, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA
Bulgaria's Mtel launches satellite TV
Sep 25, 2014 – Bulgaria's Mtel has launched direct-to-home satellite television broadcasting. The telco is offering up to 150 TV channels with more than 20 in HD. There are three different subscription packages with HD channels available in all packages.
News categories: Mtel, Bulgaria, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box
Zenterio delivers software solution to Telekom Romania
Sep 15, 2014 – Telekom Romania (formerly Romtelecom) has announced the rollout starting from October of a new IPTV solution, with Zenterio OS – Zenterio’s software platform – as a key component.
News categories: Zenterio, Telekom Romania, Robin Rutili, Mathias Hanel, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Romania, Set Top Box
Ericsson and Polkomtel test LTE Broadcast in Poland
Sep 1, 2014 – Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) and Polish telecom operator Polkomtel have carried out the first test of LTE Broadcast technology in Poland, streaming the opening game of the 2014 World Volleyball Championship between Poland and Serbia to 300 selected guests.
News categories: Ericsson, Polkomtel, Tobias Solorz, Valter D'Avino, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Poland
- 52% of U.S. Smart Speaker owners are controlling TV with voice
- TV sets still dominate video entertainment consumption
- MENA SVOD revenues to triple
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020