Digital TV News: Multiplay
Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
Aug 19, 2019 – Australians have a growing taste for sports and video entertainment content, sending the SVOD services market to new heights, reaching 12.3 million total subscriptions at the end of June 2019, according to research from Telsyte.
News categories: Telsyte, Foad Fadaghi, Alvin Lee, Australia, Digital TV, OTT, Subscribers
Cyfrowy Polsat contract pay TV subscribers down 22,000 in 1Q 2019
May 14, 2019 – Cyfrowy Polsat Group has reported results for the first quarter of 2019. The company finished the quarter with 5.1 million contract pay TV subscribers, down 21,000 versus the end of 2018, and up 93,000 year-on-year. In March 2019 Cyfrowy Polsat introduced its EVOBOX IP set-top box.
News categories: Cyfrowy Polsat, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Poland, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
US esports ad revenues will grow 25% in 2019
Mar 14, 2019 – Competitive video gaming is a rapidly growing, multibillion-dollar industry. Esports ad revenues are poised to surpass $200 million by next year, according to eMarketer’s first forecast on esports and gaming revenues.
News categories: eMarketer, Paul Verna, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Qualcomm announces Snapdragon 855 with 5G, AI, XR and HDR10+
Dec 5, 2018 – Qualcomm (NASDAQ:QCOM) has unveiled its Snapdragon 855 Mobile Platform, collectively supporting multi-gigabit 5G, AI and immersive extended reality (XR). Snapdragon 855 provides consumers with an upgraded entertainment platform including HDR10+ playback.
News categories: Qualcomm, Alex Katouzian, 5G, Semiconductor, Smartphone, VR, Worldwide
High-speed broadband reached three quarters of homes in Europe in June 2017
Jun 25, 2018 – At the end of June 2017, more than three quarters of homes in the 28 countries in the European Union (EU28) had access to high-speed broadband services. For the first time, 4G LTE availability matched 3G HSPA networks, in terms of the number of households covered.
News categories: IHS Markit, Point Topic, James Joyner, Broadband, Europe, Market Research
BBC deploys BuyDRM to secure premium digital content
Apr 5, 2018 – BuyDRM has announced that the UK’s BBC has deployed the KeyOS MultiKey DRM Service as part of their BBC iPlayer App. The offering powers the BBC iPlayer app that allows users to download or view offline content on MacOS and Windows clients.
News categories: BuyDRM, Widevine, BBC, Christopher Levy, Brian Baker, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, UK
BBC selects BuyDRM for encrypted playback on mobiles
Sep 15, 2017 – BuyDRM has announced that the BBC has chosen the BuyDRM KeyOS Multi-DRM platform to provide DRM for its BBC iPlayer, BBC iPlayer Kids and BBC iPlayer Radio on-demand TV and radio products. Content on these services is secured for playback on mobile devices.
News categories: BuyDRM, BBC, Christopher Levy, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Mobile, OTT, UK
TV industry primed for huge disruption as consumers shift to online video
Sep 12, 2017 – CCS Insight believes that audiences sitting down to an evening of scheduled programmes will become an outdated concept. The shift in consumers' preference to watch programmes when and where they like will lead to heavily blurred distinctions between live, recorded, on-demand and online content.
News categories: CCS Insight, Paolo Pescatore, Digital TV, IBC2019, Market Research, Worldwide
Amino secures first FUSION IoT win at Alliance Communications
Sep 15, 2016 – Amino has secured a first contract win for its 'Internet of Things' (IoT) FUSION cloud-based home management solution with North American fibre-to-the-home network operator Alliance Communications.
News categories: Amino, Alliance Communications, Donald McGarva, Ross Petrick, Digital TV, IPTV, Smart Home, USA
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ
- Consumer spending on technology to be $1.69 trillion in 2019
- BritBox unveils partners in run up to launch
- Dish TV India launches range of 'Smart Connected Devices'
- Limited reach of Apple TV+ and Disney+ hinders services’ adoption
- Advanced TV solutions are changing local market advertising
- Tru Optik to launch free tool to support TV privacy
- Australia's Network 10 and You.i announce app partnership
- Mirriad announces in-video ad partnership with Tencent