Digital TV News: Mustafa Ozgen
Fifteen Roku TV brands to launch in 2020
Jan 6, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that 15 TV brands will launch Roku TV models in 2020. Brands include ATVIO, Element, Hisense, Hitachi, InFocus, JVC, Magnavox, onn., Philips, Polaroid, RCA, Sanyo, TCL and Westinghouse.
News categories: Roku, Mustafa Ozgen, Canada, CES2020, Digital TV, Mexico, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, UK, USA
Sigma Designs to distribute reference designs with Frog by Wyplay pre-integrated
Jan 27, 2015 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced at CSTB that it is contributing the source code for the port of the Frog by Wyplay STB middleware on its SMP8758 4K UltraHD chipset and will distribute development boards with the Reference Implementation pre-loaded in binary.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Wyplay, Mustafa Ozgen, Jacques Bourgninaud, CSTB, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Sigma Designs introduces STV7703 Ultra HD DTV SoC
Jan 5, 2015 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has introduced the STV7703 Ultra HD (UHD) High Dynamic Range (HDR) smart TV SoC. On its own the chip is targeted at Ultra HD 60Hz Smart TVs. Together with an FRC chip it provides a solution for UHD 120Hz TVs.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Mustafa Ozgen, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Wyplay and Sigma Designs announce joint IPTV/OTT client reference design
Sep 11, 2014 – Wyplay and Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) have lifted the veil on the turnkey integration of the open-source Frog by Wyplay set-top-box middleware with Sigma's HEVC 4k-capable SMP875x family of system-on-chip ARM® processors.
News categories: Wyplay, Sigma Designs, Mustafa Ozgen, Jacques Bourgninaud, Digital TV, IBC2020, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Sigma Designs introduces 4K HEVC set-top box chipset
Sep 11, 2014 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced the SMP8758 SoC, designed to support UltraHD (4K) resolution using HEVC (H.265) compression technology for next-generation set-top boxes.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Mustafa Ozgen, Digital TV, IBC2020, ICs, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Dune HD and Sigma Designs announce set-top box collaboration
Sep 10, 2014 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that Dune HD has selected Sigma Designs' secure media processors (SMPs) for a variety of its most advanced and high performance set-top box products.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Dune HD, Konstantin Dyshlevoy, Mustafa Ozgen, Digital TV, IBC2020, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Sigma Designs, Digisoft.tv and Novabase bring VOD to South Africa
Sep 10, 2014 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced a collaboration with Digisoft.tv and Novabase on a rental service that allows consumers in South Africa to download VOD content at public kiosks via memory stick for playback on a low-cost STB.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Digisoft.tv, Novabase, Mustafa Ozgen, Fearghal Kelly, Michael Pauli, Digital TV, Gateway, IBC2020, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, South Africa
Sigma Designs licenses ARM Mali-400 MP graphics IP
Jan 9, 2014 – Sigma Designs® (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that they have licensed the popular ARM® Mali™-400 MP for their leading range of multimedia SoCs.
News categories: Sigma Designs, ARM, Mustafa Ozgen, Trina Watt, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Opera Devices SDK for Sigma Designs' Smart TV processors
Jan 9, 2014 – Opera Software and Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) have announced that the Opera Devices SDK will land in Sigma Designs’ Smart TV processors.
News categories: Opera Software, Sigma Designs, Aneesh Rajaram, Mustafa Ozgen, CES2020, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- Market turbulence to boost UK digital video market
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert