Digital TV News: NBA
Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
Nov 14, 2019 – Wurl has announced that Hollywire is tapping Wurl's video distribution expertise to power the delivery of its linear 24-7 celebrity news channel across streaming platforms, including Samsung TV Plus.
News categories: Wurl, Hollywire, Sean Doherty, Tony Moras, Content Distribution, Europe, North America, OTT, Smart TV
NBA TV becomes 1st league network to launch SVOD service
Nov 5, 2019 – NBA Digital, jointly managed by the NBA and Turner Sports, has announced that NBA TV is now available directly to consumers from the NBA, becoming the first linear sports league network to launch a direct-to-consumer subscription offering.
News categories: NBA, Turner, Chris Benyarko, Tina Shah, Digital TV, OTT, USA
True Royalty TV scales D2C service with Vimeo OTT technology
Oct 29, 2019 – True Royalty TV has announced that it is using Vimeo’s OTT technology to accelerate its direct-to-consumer business. Vimeo now powers True Royalty TV in all markets, including the U.S., U.K., Ireland, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
News categories: Vimeo, True Royalty TV, Kathleen Barrett, Gregor Angus, Apps, Australia, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ireland, New Zealand, OTT, UK, USA
Australia's Network 10 and You.i announce app partnership
Oct 10, 2019 – Network 10 has announced a partnership with You.i TV for its broadcast video on-demand app, 10 Play. The plan is to standardise the 10 Play app user experience across video streaming platforms and unlock new ad formats, beyond pre and mid-roll ads.
News categories: Network 10, You.i TV, Liz Baldwin, Rod Prosser, Jason Flick, Advertising, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, OTT
TV Panel makers cut capacity to reduce losses
Oct 7, 2019 – According to WitsView, Korean, Taiwanese and Chinese panel makers have all started to lower their utilization rates for TV panel products from September on, in order to improve severely unbalanced supply and demand, and stabilize prices.
News categories: WitsView, Anita Wang, China, Digital TV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Smart TV, Taiwan
Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
Sep 16, 2019 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) and Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) have announced plans to launch Amazon Prime Video on the Altice One entertainment and connectivity platform, providing access to the entire Prime Video catalog, for Altice’s Optimum and Suddenlink customers.
News categories: Altice USA, Prime Video, Hakim Boubazine, Andrew Bennett, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
SKY Fiber launches new speed plans and the Philippines' first all-in box
Sep 4, 2019 – SKY Fiber has announced an All-In Box to go with its new Super Speed broadband plans. The first of its kind in the Philippines, the device combines the power of a WiFi-enabled modem, digital terrestrial TV, and cable TV modem for total entertainment.
News categories: SKY Cable, Cable TV, Digital TV, Fibre, Philippines, Set Top Box
Anevia powers SKYmedia’s Sky GO OTT video service
Jun 17, 2019 – Anevia and SKYmedia have announced the completion of an OTT video-delivery solution for SKYmedia’s Sky GO service in Mongolia. SKYmedia has partnered with Anevia since 2014 when it chose Anevia’s origin packager and CDN solutions.
News categories: Anevia, SKYmedia, Antoine Hugoo, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, Mongolia, OTT
Esports to break the billion-dollar barrier in 2020
Jun 11, 2019 – The rise of esports continues to present vast opportunities for pro AV, IT and broadcast companies alike. Industry revenues are on track to exceed $900m this year and poised to break the billion-dollar mark in 2020, according to Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Adam Cox, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019
- INNOPIA, Amlogic and Verimatrix offer Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid platform
- EU cable revenue hits all-time high of €24 billion in 2018
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching
- Fincons to present Smart Digital Platform compatible with both HbbTV and ATSC 3.0
- Telefónica announces Movistar Living Apps for its STBs
- Sunrise terminates plan to buy UPC Switzerland
- Astro Malaysia releases Astro Ultra Box
- DVB approves DVB-I specification
- Partner Communications selects Broadpeak for server-side ad insertion
- Irdeto and Amlogic launch Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid STB platform
- INNOPIA becomes Netflix Hailstorm Hybrid partner with Synaptics and NAGRA
- Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV
- EU clears Telia's acquisition of Bonnier Broadcasting with conditions
- Bitmovin receives €20 million of funding from EIB
- Discovery partners with Inscape for TV audience measurement
- SVoD subscriptions in N. America to grow at 9% CAGR from 2019 to 2023