Digital TV News: NEC
SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
May 27, 2020 – SES has revealed the results of its first TV market reception survey in the Philippines. Satellite TV (17%) is the second-most popular mode of TV reception, behind terrestrial TV (66%) but ahead of cable TV (15%) and IPTV (2%).
News categories: SES S.A, Yew Weng Soo, Digital TV, Market Research, Philippines
Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
May 26, 2020 – Research from Leichtman Research Group (LRG) finds that since the impact of the coronavirus pandemic, 53% of adults ages 18 and above in U.S. TV households agree that they now spend more time watching TV per day, while 16% disagree.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
May 26, 2020 – SoftAtHome has announced a product based on RDK open source software for the global video industry. SoftAtHome has enriched the solution for broadcast, broadband and OTT operators with critical new features.
News categories: SoftAtHome, RDK Management, David Viret-Lange, Steve Heeb, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
May 22, 2020 – Researchers from Monash, Swinburne and RMIT universities have tested and recorded Australia's fastest internet data speed, and that of the world, from a single optical chip - capable of downloading 1000 HD movies in a split second.
News categories: Monash University, RMIT University, Swinburne University, Dr Bill Corcoran, Professor Arnan Mitchell, Professor David Moss, Australia, Broadband, Fibre, Worldwide
SpotX expands Measurement and Attribution Suite
May 21, 2020 – SpotX has expanded its Measurement and Attribution Suite. By uncovering audience reach metrics like brand lift, incremental reach and frequency, and outcome-based measurement, advertisers can more accurately pinpoint value across all video channels.
News categories: SpotX, Kristen Williams, Patrick Doyle, Michael Parent, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
WarnerMedia announces further launch partners for HBO Max
May 20, 2020 – WarnerMedia has announced that the latest companies to sign on to distribute HBO Max at launch include Altice USA, Cox Communications, Microsoft, National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC), Samsung, Sony Interactive Entertainment and Verizon.
News categories: WarnerMedia, HBO Max, Rich Warren, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Games Console, IPTV, OTT, USA
Tru Optik offers cross-device OTT measurement for free
May 20, 2020 – Tru Optik is making its OTT campaign-measurement service available for free. Tru Optik’s Cross-Screen Audience Validation (CAV) is purpose-built to deliver unbiased real-time OTT campaign measurement.
News categories: Tru Optik, Andre Swanston, David Wiesenfeld, Advertising, Big Data, OTT, USA
Bloomberg TV+ 4K UHD channel launches on Samsung TV Plus
May 20, 2020 – Bloomberg Media has launched Bloomberg TV+, a premium video experience and first 4K UHD channel that combines the power of Bloomberg data and trusted business and finance programming, on Samsung TV Plus, Samsung's free Smart TV video service.
News categories: Bloomberg Media, Samsung, M. Scott Havens, Salek Brodsky, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
IFA 2020 to go-ahead as an invitation-only event in Berlin
May 19, 2020 – IFA has been given the go-ahead to take place in 2020 as a real-life event in Berlin. Taking place over just three days – from 3 to 5 September – the invite-only event will put strict limits on the number of attendees and focus on IFA’s four global core functions.
News categories: IFA Berlin, Jens Heithecker, COVID-19, Digital TV, Germany, IFA2020
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- Dailymotion and Huawei Video announce global video partnership
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020