Digital TV News: NENT Group
FreeWheel Council for Premium Video Europe releases paper on programmatic technology
Feb 12, 2019 – In a new insights paper, Cracking the programmatic conundrum, the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video Europe (FWCE) looks at how broadcasters and pay TV operators are embracing automated technology to enhance their offerings.
News categories: FreeWheel, Emmanuel Josserand, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Europe
Mediavision: Nordic AVOD viewing growing, local players gaining share
Jan 31, 2019 – According to Mediavision, AVOD viewing across the Nordics has grown considerably over the last couple of years. Incumbent actors, both broadcasters and other traditional media companies, are contributing through their ad-funded offerings.
News categories: Mediavision, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Market Research, Norway, OTT, Sweden
NENT Group implements EIDR Universal Identifiers
Nov 14, 2018 – The Entertainment Identifier Registry Association (EIDR) has announced that Nordic Entertainment Group (NENT Group) has overhauled its publishing workflow, utilizing EIDR’s universal content identifiers across all linear and non-linear TV programming.
News categories: EIDR, NENT Group, Will Kreth, Kaj af Kleen, Big Data, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, OTT, Satellite, Sweden
Viaplay voice control on board for Scandinavian launch of Google Home
Oct 9, 2018 – NENT Group has announced that its Viaplay streaming service will be compatible with Google Home and Google Home Mini when they arrive in stores across Scandinavia on 24 October. Users will be able to control Viaplay on a Chromecast or Android TV using voice commands in Danish, Norwegian or Swedish.
News categories: NENT Group, Kaj af Kleen, Alexander Bastin, Denmark, Digital TV, Norway, OTT, Smart Home, Sweden, UX
Sisvel Announces Launch of DVB-T2 Patent Pool
Sep 9, 2010 – Sisvel has announced the launch of a new joint patent licensing program, or patent pool, offering a license under patents essential to DVB-T2.
News categories: Sisvel, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Licensing, Patent, Terrestrial
- Afghanistan Broadcasting System selects EUTELSAT 53A as its DTH platform
- StarHub pay TV households down 49,000 in 2018
- Encoding.com selected by Akamai as preferred partner for VOD transcoding
- U.S. smart speaker sales will exceed 64 million in 2022
- Brightcove to acquire Ooyala’s online video platform business
- DISH TV down ~380k; Sling TV up ~50k subs in 4Q 2018
- TVSquared partners with TiVo for deterministic attribution
- Telenet designs new YUGO bundle entirely around the smartphone
- FreeWheel chooses Nielsen to power audience-based multiscreen TV advertising
- GTPL Hathway adds 170,000 CATV digital subscribers in 4Q 2018
- Tastemade expands linear OTT footprint with Amagi
- FreeWheel Council for Premium Video Europe releases paper on programmatic technology
- Ethiopian broadcasters take video capacity on EUTELSAT 8 West B
- Survey finds one in four Malaysian consumers use pirate TV boxes
- Digital Voice Assistants in use to triple to 8 billion by 2023
- Amazon to acquire mesh WiFi company, eero
- LiveRamp expands identity solution to include connected TV
- CuriosityStream raises $140M in private placement
- Hong Kong to begin analogue TV switch off on November 30, 2020
- China's online video subscribers to surpass 300 million in 2019