Digital TV News: NEOTION
NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
Sep 16, 2019 – NEOTION has announced the renewal of its cooperation with Irdeto. The partnership will focus on CI+ 1.4 CAM, with NEOTION providing in-depth experience, increased performance and in-house skills combined with investment in modern machines and fully automated processes.
News categories: NEOTION, Irdeto, Nathalie BRESSON, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, HbbTV, IBC2019, Smart TV, Worldwide
SmarDTV offers NAGRA NexGuard watermarking for CI Plus modules
Sep 3, 2019 – SmarDTV Global, in collaboration with NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S), has announced a watermarking solution available on Conditional Access Modules (CAM). The combined solution provides the highest degree of assurance to content owners.
News categories: SmarDTV, NAGRA, Hervé Mathieu, Jean-Philippe Plantevin, CAM, Digital TV, IBC2019, Watermarking, Worldwide
Astro Malaysia adopts Broadpeak's multicast ABR technology
Jun 18, 2019 – Broadpeak is working with Astro Malaysia to strengthen the latter's OTT video delivery service through its multicast ABR solution. Astro is using the solution to distribute 20 MPEG-DASH live channels to Android TVs and iOS and Android tablets and smartphones.
News categories: Broadpeak, Astro, Jacques Le Mancq, Shahrul Imran Sultan, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, OTT
Eurofins to serve as exclusive CI Plus 2.0 test partner
May 13, 2019 – Eurofins Digital Testing has announced that it will serve as the official test partner for the CI Plus 2.0 standard. Eurofins will provide early access to the automated CI Plus 2.0 test tool to enable pre-testing of devices in advance of certification.
News categories: Eurofins Digital Testing, CI Plus LLP, Johan Craeybeckx, CAM, Digital TV, QoE, Smart TV, Worldwide
NEOTION and SmarDTV Global highlight merger benefits
Sep 13, 2018 – On 21st of August, SmarDTV’s CAM and STB businesses were transferred to SmarDTV Global, a newly set up NEOTUON entity. The combination provides reinforced expertise in delivering solutions for the Pay-TV industry and an enlarged product portfolio.
News categories: NEOTION, SmarDTV, Lionel BOISSIER, Olivier DEMOLY, Hervé MATHIEU, CAM, Digital TV, IBC2019, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
DVB to demonstrate hybrid media delivery at IBC2018
Sep 5, 2018 – DVB has announced that it will showcase hybrid media delivery at IBC2018. By specifying systems for seamless media delivery across all platforms and formats, including linear and on-demand, broadcast and OTT, mobile, HD and UHD, DVB ensures that the industry can deliver high-quality content to every screen.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter MacAvock, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, Media Player, OTT, Satellite, Terrestrial, Worldwide
Kudelski's SmarDTV device business becomes Neotion affiliate
Aug 14, 2018 – The Kudelski Group (SIX: KUD.S) and Neotion have announced that they have reached an agreement whereby SmarDTV’s Conditional Access Module (CAM) and Set-Top Box businesses are transferred to SmarDTV Global, a newly set up entity affiliated with Neotion.
News categories: Neotion, Kudelski, SmarDTV, Lionel Boissier, André Kudelski, CAM, Digital TV, MnA, Set Top Box, Worldwide
NEOTION partners with Texplained to create stronger secure-by-design ICs
Apr 3, 2018 – NEOTION has selected Texplained for a better level of security-by-design in its next in-house chipset generation. NEOTION will rely on Texplained for improved evaluation and protection against counterfeiting and piracy.
News categories: NEOTION, Texplained, Sébastien DUSSUTOUR, Clarisse GINET, CAM, Digital TV, France, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart Home, Worldwide
NEOTION to show satellite OTT gateway at MWC 2018
Feb 22, 2018 – NEOTION is showcasing a new product that delivers an OTT experience, broadcast by satellite, to consumers on their mobile devices. The NEOTION Gateway supports up to 50 channels with up to 50 viewers watching each one.
News categories: NEOTION, Lionel BOISSIER, Gateway, Mobile, MWC19, Satellite, Worldwide
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA