Digital TV News: NGCodec
V-Nova and NGCodec offer FPGA-based real-time UHD encoding
Apr 4, 2019 – V-Nova and NGCodec have announced a combined FPGA-based encoding solution, which delivers industry-leading UHD video quality and encoding efficiency resulting in up to 50x cost savings when compared to traditional CPU software options.
News categories: V-Nova, NGCodec, Guido Meardi, Oliver Gunasekara, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Kaltura and 32 others join SRT Alliance
Nov 28, 2017 – The SRT Alliance, an open-source initiative dedicated to overcoming the challenges of low-latency video streaming, announces that 33 new members have joined the initiative, including the leading video technology provider, Kaltura.
News categories: SRT Alliance, Yaron Reichert, Sylvio Jelovcich, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Worldwide
NGCodec and Tiledmedia show hardware-accelerated Cloud VR360 streaming at IBC
Sep 12, 2017 – Tiledmedia and NGCodec have announced that they have integrated their solutions to provide a cloud-based encoding service for efficient streaming of 360-degree Virtual Reality video (VR360).
News categories: NGCodec, Tiledmedia, Oliver Gunasekara, Rob Koenen, Content Distribution, IBC, Worldwide
ViXS reports fourth quarter and fiscal 2014 results
Apr 15, 2014 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has reported its fourth quarter results for the period ended January 31st, 2014. ViXS reported Q4FY14 revenue of $7.0 million and a total comprehensive loss of $7.5 million.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Gateway, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Apical and NGCodec offer H.265/HEVC encoder with Region Of Interest optimization
Feb 18, 2014 – Apical and NGCodec have announced new capabilities of the Apical Assertive Vision Processor and the NGCodec H.265/HEVC encoder IP components which now achieve higher perceived video quality combined with a lower bitrate.
News categories: Apical, NGCodec, Michael Tusch, Oliver Gunasekara, Jeff Bier, Digital TV, MWC19, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smartphone, Worldwide
- Harmonic enables Guangdong Radio and Television's UHD broadcasts
- Verimatrix and moTV.eu provide hybrid platform for Mongolsat Networks
- SERAPHIC and CVTE offer customisable Freeview Play 4K TV solution
- TVB deploys Harmonic content-aware encoding on Hong Kong OTT platform
- Atari VCS home gaming and entertainment platform unveiled
- 120% increase in CTV and mobile apps classified as fraudulent
- Vimeo adds support for AV1 codec
- Fox Corp and ad agencies join Project OAR addressable TV consortium
- Proximus launches Pickx TV interface and Android P decoder
- Pluto TV arrives on Comcast Xfinity X1 set-tops
- UEFA launches free-to-air OTT digital platform
- Europe is not cord-cutting right across the board
- Global pay TV subscriptions to grow to 1.10 billion by 2024
- MadHive, Inscape to enable linear, OTT planning, activation & attribution for Local TV
- MediaMath launches contextual ad targeting for video with IRIS.TV
- NAGRA to demonstrate technology portfolio at ConnecTechAsia 2019
- Shenzhen Topway goes Ultra HD with Harmonic
- Esports to break the billion-dollar barrier in 2020
- Rakuten launches Rakuten Sports streaming service
- Ericsson Mobility Report: 5G uptake even faster than expected