Digital TV News: NOVATEK
NOVATEK and Vewd partner to create turnkey smart TV platform
Jan 8, 2019 – Vewd has partnered with NOVATEK to enable Vewd OS on chipsets powering Linux-based smart TVs. Adding Vewd OS to NOVATEK chipsets provides OEMs with a pre-integrated Smart TV OS containing the most requested advanced smart TV features.
News categories: Vewd, NOVATEK, Aneesh Rajaram, CES, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Novatek TV chipsets to natively support NAGRA Connect and TVkey Cloud
Jan 7, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Novatek have announced that Novatek’s next generation TV chipsets will natively support both NAGRA Connect and TVkey Cloud. NAGRA Connect and TVkey Cloud are managed from the NAGRA Cloud.SSP Security-as-a-Service platform.
News categories: NAGRA, Novatek, Maurice Van Riek, J.H. Chang, CES, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
TVkey adds more retail bundling, deployments and chipset partners
Sep 15, 2017 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Samsung have announced the launch of customers in India, expansion into the Latin America market, in-box bundling in the German market, and the addition of additional chipset partners for their TVkey dongle.
News categories: NAGRA, Samsung, CAM, Digital TV, IBC, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Opera OTT product suite pre-integrated on Novatek TV SoCs
Jan 3, 2017 – Opera TV and Novatek have announced the availability of Opera TV’s OTT enabling product suite pre-integrated on Novatek’s SoC TV platform. The combination offers device manufacturers a solution to launch Smart TVs with hundreds of HTML5-based OTT services.
News categories: Opera, Novatek, Aneesh Rajaram, CES, Digital TV, HbbTV, HTML5, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
RSCRYPTO partners with SMI for key management
Dec 13, 2016 – RSCRYPTO has announced a partnership with SypherMedia International (SMI). RSCRYPTO plans to present its CAS-PHI CAS in the first quarter of 2017. As an 'Independent Trust Authority', SMI is to manage the keys for operators.
News categories: RSCRYPTO, SypherMedia International, Levent Le, Dr. Ron Cocchi, Dennis Flaharty, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
SERAPHIC browser powers TCL 4K UHD TVs for Latin America
May 24, 2016 – TCL has announced that it has teamed up with SERAPHIC, who has provided its Blink-based Sraf HTML5 browser for TCL's 4K UHDTV platform. The initial target market is Latin America.
News categories: SERAPHIC, TCL, Jeff Huang, Digital TV, HTML5, Latin America, Smart TV
Taiwanese silicon vendors dominate market for 4K TV chipsets
Jul 2, 2015 – Taiwanese silicon vendors currently dominate the market for 4k TV chipsets but their position is being challenged by a number of fabless semiconductor vendors across North America and China, according to Strategy Analytics.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Socionext integrates TITC frame buffer compression IP
Jun 26, 2015 – Taiwan ImagingTek (TITC) has announced that Socionext has started shipping TV chips with TITC's image compression IP for frame buffer memory reduction. The IP improves power consumption and memory cost, and reduces EMI issues.
News categories: ImagingTek, Socionext, Star Sung, Takehiro Kamada, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
Novatek Selects Chips&Media's HD video technology for Set-top Box and DTV Platforms
Dec 2, 2010 – Chips&Media has announced that Novatek Microelectronics has integrated the Chips&Media's HD multi-standard decoder core into its new family of SoC designs.
News categories: Chips&Media, Novatek, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart TV
- After a period of stagnation, STB shipments on the rise again
- Panasonic launches smart TV with HbbTV OpApp for HD+ in Germany
- China Central Television selects Harmonic media server for UHD playout
- NAGRA to showcase approach to pay TV business transformation at NAB 2019
- U.S. consumers piecing together their own personalized entertainment experience
- Involuntary cancellations a huge problem for the SVOD industry
- FPT launches Vietnam's first Android TV 9.0 smart device with SDMC
- NCC Media connects online to its TV advertising platform
- MediaKind to debut Universe portfolio at NAB Show 2019
- NBCUniversal and Sky combine advanced advertising capabilities
- Netflix surges beyond 11 million users in Australia
- Asia Pacific OTT to generate $48 billion
- Cinedigm to acquire Future Today
- Comark becomes Triveni Digital ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0 re-seller for the U.S.
- NexPlayer and WeTek develop E2E OTT solution supporting Widevine DRM
- CANAL+ Myanmar deploys NAGRA’s Conax GO Live multiscreen OTT solution
- US esports ad revenues will grow 25% in 2019
- Funimation licenses TiVo's Search, Recommendations and Insight modules
- FTTH Council Europe updates FTTH/FTTB figures
- Eleven Sports launches new streaming service in Japan