Digital TV News: NPD Group
OTT TV market far from being saturated
Jan 16, 2019 – While there’s a limit to how many SVOD services users are ready to pay for, it is far from being reached, according to Ooyala. In fact, that limit may continue to rise, especially as younger consumers grow older.
News categories: Ooyala, Jim O'Neill, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Hisense shows ULED-powered 2019 product lineup at CES2019
Jan 7, 2019 – Hisense has revealed its 2019 product lineup at CES, debuting Android TV and Roku TV sets that expand Hisense's portfolio. Hisense is the fastest growing TV brand of the top 6 brands in the U.S. according to NPD Group.
News categories: Hisense, David Gold, CES2021, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
Desire for bigger screens driving U.S. replacement TV buying
Dec 20, 2018 – According to NPD, 40% of U.S. consumers who replaced a TV over the last two years were most motivated by a desire to purchase a bigger screen. In fact, 40% of replacement TVs purchased had a screen size of 50+ inches.
News categories: NPD Group, Stephen Baker, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, USA
Connected TV and streaming player adoption spurring digital video purchases and rentals
Oct 30, 2018 – According to The NPD Group, as of August 2018, 61 million households in the U.S. had at least one internet-connected TV, video game console, Blu-ray Disc player or streaming media player. As a result more consumers are choosing to rent and purchase digital movies.
News categories: NPD Group, John Buffone, Ricardo Solar, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
7% annual growth expected for connected TV devices in the U.S.
Sep 6, 2018 – In the U.S., at the end of 2017, 210 million devices were installed in consumer homes actively delivering internet connectivity to the TV screen, and by the end of 2021 there are forecast to be 275 million, according to The NPD Group.
News categories: NPD Group, John Buffone, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
U.S. voice-activated speaker sales to grow 50% by 2019
Aug 14, 2018 – According to The NPD Group, sales of voice-activated speakers will add an incremental $1.6 billion dollars to the U.S. technology industry through 2019, as these devices are leveraged both as an interface to smart home services and as digital assistants.
News categories: NPD Group, Stephen Baker, Big Data, Market Research, Smart Home, USA
Nearly one-fifth of U.S. video consumers are SVOD only
Aug 1, 2018 – While the majority of consumers in the United States view video content from a variety of sources - both physical and digital - the number of people using only Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video and other SVOD services is on the rise.
News categories: NPD Group, Ricardo Solar, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Screen size and picture quality drive replacement TV purchases in U.S.
Jun 18, 2018 – According to NPD, increasing the size and picture quality are the top driving forces for U.S. consumers looking to update their televisions. Of the consumers who purchased a 4K/UHD replacement TV, 45% reported buying because they wanted a larger screen, 39% for better picture quality.
News categories: The NPD Group, Stephen Baker, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, USA
Viewing is shifting from live TV to subscription services
Nov 22, 2017 – According to the NPD Group, as subscribers to Netflix, Hulu and other subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) services continue to increase, so too does the amount of time they watch television and movies on their TVs, PCs and mobile devices.
News categories: NPD Group, Graham Gee, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, USA
- izzi deploys Android TV custom launcher from Mirada
- Bedrock streaming technology powers Salto
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- Gamut selects iSpot ACR for TV ad measurement
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K