Digital TV News: NTT DOCOMO
PacketVideo Twonky extends capabilities of NOTTV in TV BOX
May 21, 2014 – PacketVideo (PV) has announced that its Twonky SDK technology will extend NOTTV capabilities through several new devices and apps being released by NTT DOCOMO, including TV BOX.
News categories: PacketVideo, NTT DOCOMO, Seiji Maruyama, Mark Tapling, Apps, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Japan, Middleware, Mobile, Smartphone
MPEG LA announces license terms for HEVC
Jan 17, 2014 – MPEG LA has announced that a group of 25 companies have agreed on HEVC license terms expected to issue as part of an HEVC Patent Portfolio License in early 2014. Final agreements are yet to be concluded.
News categories: MPEG LA, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Licensing, OTT, Patent, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, Worldwide
Elemental to power Japan’s first 4K/HEVC real-time streaming trial
Oct 23, 2013 – Elemental Technologies has announced that K-Opticom, a telecommunications operator in Japan, will use Elemental video processing for the country’s first live 4K Ultra HD high-efficiency video coding (H.265/HEVC) transmission.
News categories: Elemental Technologies, K-Opticom, Takao Fujino, Keith Wymbs, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Media Player, OTT
Thomson Video Networks' MultiScreen Video Solution is First to Embrace HEVC Compression Standard
Apr 3, 2013 – Thomson Video Networks has announced that its industry-leading ViBE™ VS7000 multi-screen video encoding/transcoding system now provides support for the High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) compression standard for live and offline applications.
News categories: Thomson, Broadcasting, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow
DOCOMO to License HEVC Decoding Software
Feb 4, 2013 – NTT DOCOMO has announced that it will license a software for decoding HEVC, the new international standard for video coding, in March. DOCOMO's HEVC decoding software is the world's first of its kind for Full HD playback on smartphones.
News categories: NTT DOCOMO, Digital TV, IPTV, Media Player, MWC19, OTT, Smartphone
ITU gives first-stage approval to H.265 video coding standard
Jan 25, 2013 – The International Telecommunication Union has announced that its ITU-T Study Group 16 has agreed first-stage approval to Recommendation ITU-T H.265 or ISO/IEC 23008-2, known informally as 'High Efficiency Video Coding' (HEVC).
News categories: International Telecommunication Union, Digital TV
Newport Media ISDB-T SoCs Power Phones from Samsung, HTC, LG, Motorola and ZTE
Jun 28, 2012 – Newport Media has announced major design wins at several suppliers of smartphone and feature phone products. In both Latin America and Japan, network operators have selected Newport Media Digital TV enabled phones.
News categories: Newport Media, Digital TV, Japan, Latin America, Mobile, Semiconductor, Smartphone
MPEG LA Offers MVC Patent Portfolio License
Feb 22, 2012 – MPEG LA has announced the availability of the MVC Patent Portfolio License. The joint license includes patents that are essential to the Multiview Video Coding ('MVC') standard for encoding and decoding 3D video.
News categories: MPEG LA, Blu-ray, Licensing, Patent, VR
DOCOMO Unveils Japan's First Two Devices for V-High Multimedia Broadcasting Services
Feb 16, 2012 – NTT DOCOMO (Tokyo:9437) has announced two Android mobiles, Japan's first devices compatible with V-High multimedia broadcasting. Users of the devices will be able to watch 'NOTTV', a mobile multimedia broadcasting station that will begin operating on April 1.
News categories: DOCOMO, NOTTV, Digital TV, Japan, Mobile, Smartphone, Tablet
- Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
- NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
- AirTV 4K streaming stick integrates Sling TV, Netflix and OTA channels
- Dalet to acquire Ooyala Flex Media Platform business
- TekSavvy TV launching across Ontario
- Hotstar sets streaming world record with 25.3 million concurrent viewers
- Amino acquires 24i Media
- egta survey shows continued transformation of the advertising industry
- European pay TV to gain 17.7 million subscribers between 2019 and 2023
- OpenAP partners with dataxu to power digital audience creation
- Manatt and Vorhaus report on the state of content consumption
- Mirada results for the year ended 31 March 2019
- Prices for mid- and large-sized LCD panels keep falling in 3Q
- 7.1 million digital paying CATV subscribers for Hathway at end-2Q 2019
- Tremor Video combines capabilities with YuMe by RhythmOne
- Tastemade selects Telaria for programmatic OTT and CTV advertising
- SmartLabs becomes Samsung Smart TV App Developer
- India active DTH subscribers up 1.95 million in 1Q 2019
- DVB adds HDR Dynamic Mapping to its AV coding specifications
- Third of Netflix subscribers might switch to a cheaper, ad-supported tier