Digital TV News: NVIDIA
LG OLED TVs receive NVIDIA G-SYNC upgrade
Nov 1, 2019 – Current model year OLED TVs from LG will receive a firmware update allowing gameplay via NVIDIA G-SYNC Compatible technology. The upgrade will arrive first in North America followed by markets in Europe, Asia, Latin America, Africa and the Middle East before the end of the year.
News categories: LG Electronics, NVIDIA, Sam Kim, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
NVIDIA unveils SHIELD TV next generation
Oct 28, 2019 – NVIDIA has unveiled the next generation of SHIELD TV, which delivers home entertainment, gaming and AI capabilities to the living room. The two new SHIELD models — SHIELD TV and SHIELD TV Pro — provide exceptional visual and sound experiences.
News categories: NVIDIA, Jeff Fisher, Android TV, Canada, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Anevia Genova encoders optimised to work with NVIDIA T4 GPUs
Sep 9, 2019 – Anevia has announced that its Genova video compression encoders are now optimised to work with NVIDIA T4 GPUs, enabling OTT service providers to deliver programmes in higher video quality without a commensurate increase in costs.
News categories: Anevia, NVIDIA, Jerome Blanc, Laurent Lafarge, Serge Palaric, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Worldwide
MainConcept accelerates HEVC encoding with NVIDIA RTX GPUs
Apr 8, 2019 – MainConcept has announced that its latest HEVC/H.265 Video Encoder SDK release will dramatically increase encoding speed by leveraging functions of the NVIDIA Video Codec, available with the latest Turing architecture-powered NVIDIA RTX GPUs.
News categories: MainConcept, NVIDIA, Deacon Johnson, Andrew Page, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Samsung joins the Alliance for Open Media Board of Directors
Apr 3, 2019 – The Alliance for Open Media (AOMedia) has announced that Samsung has joined at the Board-level, the first tier of the organization. AOMedia is a nonprofit organization formed with the aim to define and develop open standards for media compression and delivery over the web.
News categories: Alliance for Open Media, Samsung, Matt Frost, Seunghwan Cho, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, TV Everywhere, Worldwide
Intel expected to recapture #1 semi supplier ranking in 2019
Mar 7, 2019 – According to IC Insights, for 2019, a steep drop in the memory market is forecast to pull the semiconductor market down by 7%. Although Intel’s semiconductor sales are expected to be relatively flat, the company is poised to regain the number 1 ranking this year.
News categories: IC Insights, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Nuvyyo launches 4-tuner DVR for cord cutters
Jan 7, 2019 – Nuvyyo has announced its next generation 4-Tuner DVR, the Tablo QUAD, along with a new feature that automatically skips commercials within recordings. Tablo QUAD lets consumers discover, record, and stream up to four live antenna TV channels simultaneously.
News categories: Nuvyyo, Grant Hall, CES2020, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, USA
Caavo introduces entertainment hub and voice-controlled remote
Oct 1, 2018 – Caavo has introduced Control Center, an entertainment hub and voice-controlled remote that unites everything connected to your TV. Control Center searches, discovers and manages your content across live TV, DVR, streaming services and web, all in one place.
News categories: Caavo, Andrew Einaudi, Digital TV, Smart Home, USA, UX
Global semiconductor revenue hits record $120.8 billion in Q2
Aug 22, 2018 – Global semiconductor industry revenue grew 4.4 percent, quarter over quarter, in the second quarter of 2018, reaching a record $120.8 billion. Semiconductor growth occurred in all application markets and world regions, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Ron Ellwanger, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV