Digital TV News: NVIDIA
UPC TV app now on Apple TV, Android TV and Amazon Fire
Mar 2, 2020 – UPC TV customers in Switzerland can now benefit from more freedom and flexibility – at no extra charge: all users can now enjoy UPC TV content on additional devices such as Apple TV, Android TV or Amazon Fire TV.
News categories: UPC, Stefan Fuchs, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Switzerland, TV Everywhere
LG OLED TVs receive NVIDIA G-SYNC upgrade
Nov 1, 2019 – Current model year OLED TVs from LG will receive a firmware update allowing gameplay via NVIDIA G-SYNC Compatible technology. The upgrade will arrive first in North America followed by markets in Europe, Asia, Latin America, Africa and the Middle East before the end of the year.
News categories: LG Electronics, NVIDIA, Sam Kim, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
NVIDIA unveils SHIELD TV next generation
Oct 28, 2019 – NVIDIA has unveiled the next generation of SHIELD TV, which delivers home entertainment, gaming and AI capabilities to the living room. The two new SHIELD models — SHIELD TV and SHIELD TV Pro — provide exceptional visual and sound experiences.
News categories: NVIDIA, Jeff Fisher, Android TV, Canada, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Anevia Genova encoders optimised to work with NVIDIA T4 GPUs
Sep 9, 2019 – Anevia has announced that its Genova video compression encoders are now optimised to work with NVIDIA T4 GPUs, enabling OTT service providers to deliver programmes in higher video quality without a commensurate increase in costs.
News categories: Anevia, NVIDIA, Jerome Blanc, Laurent Lafarge, Serge Palaric, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Worldwide
MainConcept accelerates HEVC encoding with NVIDIA RTX GPUs
Apr 8, 2019 – MainConcept has announced that its latest HEVC/H.265 Video Encoder SDK release will dramatically increase encoding speed by leveraging functions of the NVIDIA Video Codec, available with the latest Turing architecture-powered NVIDIA RTX GPUs.
News categories: MainConcept, NVIDIA, Deacon Johnson, Andrew Page, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Samsung joins the Alliance for Open Media Board of Directors
Apr 3, 2019 – The Alliance for Open Media (AOMedia) has announced that Samsung has joined at the Board-level, the first tier of the organization. AOMedia is a nonprofit organization formed with the aim to define and develop open standards for media compression and delivery over the web.
News categories: Alliance for Open Media, Samsung, Matt Frost, Seunghwan Cho, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, TV Everywhere, Worldwide
Intel expected to recapture #1 semi supplier ranking in 2019
Mar 7, 2019 – According to IC Insights, for 2019, a steep drop in the memory market is forecast to pull the semiconductor market down by 7%. Although Intel’s semiconductor sales are expected to be relatively flat, the company is poised to regain the number 1 ranking this year.
News categories: IC Insights, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Nuvyyo launches 4-tuner DVR for cord cutters
Jan 7, 2019 – Nuvyyo has announced its next generation 4-Tuner DVR, the Tablo QUAD, along with a new feature that automatically skips commercials within recordings. Tablo QUAD lets consumers discover, record, and stream up to four live antenna TV channels simultaneously.
News categories: Nuvyyo, Grant Hall, CES2020, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, USA
Caavo introduces entertainment hub and voice-controlled remote
Oct 1, 2018 – Caavo has introduced Control Center, an entertainment hub and voice-controlled remote that unites everything connected to your TV. Control Center searches, discovers and manages your content across live TV, DVR, streaming services and web, all in one place.
News categories: Caavo, Andrew Einaudi, Digital TV, Smart Home, USA, UX
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- Market turbulence to boost UK digital video market
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020