Digital TV News: Nagravision
Telechips announces SoC for 4K set-top boxes
Jan 10, 2018 – Telechips has announced their first ever 14nm finFET SoC for 4K STBs. STBs powered by the TCC899X SoC series decode 4K video at 60fps with a 4K UI while handling other requirements including: Dolby Vision, the advanced security capabilities of Nagravision, Cisco and Verimatrix, and other CA systems.
News categories: Telechips, BM Lee, CES, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Synaptics launches 4K HDR Set-Top-Box Processor
Sep 14, 2017 – Synaptics (NASDAQ:SYNA) has announced its VideoSmart BG5CT multimedia solution featuring 4K Advanced HDR video processing for the global set-top-box market. The BG5CT is the company’s sixth-generation of video processor.
News categories: Synaptics, Huibert Verhoeven, Digital TV, IBC2019, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Technavio announces top five Conditional Access vendors
Jun 8, 2017 – Technavio has announced the top five leading vendors in a recent global conditional access system market report. The market is driven by growing demand for technologically advanced STBs and advanced services.
News categories: Technavio, Ujjwal Doshi, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Conditional Access market to exhibit CAGR of 9.1% to 2025
Sep 22, 2016 – According to The Insight Partners, the global conditional access systems market was estimated to be $2.32 billion in 2015 and is expected to reach $5.53 billion by 2025. Internet services are creating a plethora of opportunities for CA systems.
News categories: Insight Partners, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Conditional Access market to reach $4.73 billion by 2022
Jul 7, 2015 – According to a report from Transparency Market Research, the global conditional access systems market was valued at US$ 2,089.3 million in 2014 and is estimated to reach US$ 4,727.3 million by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 10.3% from 2015 to 2022.
News categories: Transparency Market Research, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Harmonic powers multiscreen service of TV Centro América
Apr 1, 2015 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that TV Centro América, a TV Globo affiliate based in Cuiabá, Brazil, has deployed an end-to-end contribution, satellite distribution and reception solution from Harmonic to power its new free-to-air multiscreen service.
News categories: Harmonic, TV Centro América, SDB Comercial, Alvaro Martin, Luis Botelho, Sidnei Brito, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, TV Everywhere
Conditional access market set to decline
Aug 19, 2014 – The global market for conditional access (CA) technology used in set-top boxes (STBs) is set to contract as pay-TV services reach saturation, according to IHS Technology (NYSE: IHS). Worldwide market revenue for pay-TV STB CA technology will decline to $1.9 billion in 2018.
News categories: IHS Technology, Wajahat Abbassi, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ER-Telecom announces new STB from Humax
May 12, 2014 – Russia's ER-Telecom has announced the availability of a new set-top box for its Dom.ru TV service. The box, manufactured by Humax, offers access via mobile as well as video-on-demand and content search.
News categories: ER-Telecom, Humax, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mobile, Russia, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere
OpenTV and Nagravision file patent suit against Apple
Apr 9, 2014 – The Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that its OpenTV and Nagravision subsidiaries have filed a patent infringement suit against Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) in the United States District Court for the Northern District of California.
News categories: Kudelski, Apple Inc, Middleware, Patent, Worldwide
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ
- Consumer spending on technology to be $1.69 trillion in 2019
- Dish TV India launches range of 'Smart Connected Devices'
- Advanced TV solutions are changing local market advertising
- Tru Optik to launch free tool to support TV privacy
- Australia's Network 10 and You.i announce app partnership
- Mirriad announces in-video ad partnership with Tencent
- Salzburg AG launches 'TV Plus' IPTV with Ocilion
- Successful launch of EUTELSAT 5 West B
- Immersive Digital Experiences Alliance releases 1st set of specifications
- Orange France launches Livebox 5 gateway
- Liberty LA to acquire AT&T's operations in Puerto Rico & the U.S. Virgin Islands
- Peninsular Malaysia to complete analogue TV switch-off on October 14th
- Insys Video Technologies adds three Polish cable operators
- ARK Multicasting broadcasts both ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0 from the same equipment stack
- OpenAP Market audience-based advertising platform launched
- Oregan Networks acquires Zenterio assets