Digital TV News: National Association of Broadcasters
Cleveland field test shows ATSC 3.0 UHD HDR in a challenging urban environment
May 23, 2019 – In a field test conducted under the auspices of the NAB in Cleveland, OH, an engineering team of industry participants showed how ATSC 3.0 can enhance the technological performance and economic value of existing broadcast infrastructures.
News categories: Technicolor, National Association of Broadcasters, Alan Stein, Kelly Williams, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Dooya TV picks dotstudioPRO SaaS distribution platform
Apr 12, 2019 – Dooya Media Group (DMG) has signed a deal with dotstudioPRO for its AVOD offering, Dooya TV. dotstudioPRO's cloud-based distribution and monetization platform allows Dooya TV to launch a variety of features and provides flexibility in combining business models.
News categories: dotstudioPRO, Dooya, Joe Pascual, John T. Wells, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, USA
ATBA and ARK create low-power TV standards and practices group
Apr 8, 2019 – The Advanced Television Broadcasting Alliance (ATBA) has announced the formation of the LPTV Industry Standards and Practices Group. The group will encourage the LPTV industry to work together to operate and monetize new TV services based on ATSC 3.0.
News categories: ATBA, ARK Mediacom, Lee Miller, Caleb Weiss, Vern Fotheringham, ATSC, Digital TV, USA
HISPASAT shows on-demand satellite video at NAB 2019
Apr 8, 2019 – During NAB, visitors to the HISPASAT stand will be able to experience a hybrid television demo which provides on-demand satellite video services (Push VoD), allowing broadcasters to offer a complete user experience combining on-demand content with linear TV.
News categories: HISPASAT, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Satellite, Worldwide
Intel and Netflix announce SVT-AV1 video codec at The NAB Show
Apr 8, 2019 – At The NAB Show, Intel and Netflix announced a high-performance video codec that is available as open source and royalty-free to content creators, developers and service providers. Scalable Video Technology for AV1 (SVT-AV1) offers performance and scalability in video processing.
News categories: Intel Corp, Netflix, Lynn Comp, David Ronca, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
U.S. proposes ATSC 3.0 as an international digital broadcast standard
Apr 8, 2019 – The U.S. has proposed to the ITU adoption of the ATSC 3.0 digital broadcast standard for use by all countries in the world. The proposal is the first major step in the evaluation process for worldwide acceptance of the standard.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, International Telecommunication Union, Jerald Fritz, ATSC, Digital TV, Worldwide
Phoenix Model Market to add second transmission site and SFN broadcasts
Apr 4, 2019 – The Phoenix Model Market project will soon expand beyond a single Next-Gen TV transmission tower to include an additional Single Frequency Network (SFN) station, to help broadcasters evaluate the benefits of SFN transmissions.
News categories: Pearl TV, Phoenix Model Market, Anne Schelle, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Nielsen audience measurement watermark transmitted over ATSC 3.0
Apr 3, 2019 – The NAB has announced the successful transmission of a Nielsen audience measurement watermark – inaudible signals in a program’s audio that helps identify the program for audience measurement purposes – using the new ATSC 3.0 broadcast transmission standard.
News categories: National Association of Broadcasters, Nielsen, Sam Matheny, Catherine Herkovic, ATSC, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
SK Telecom, Harman and Sinclair to commercialize in-car ATSC 3.0
Jan 10, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) and Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq: SBGI) have announced that with Harman they intend to jointly develop and commercialize digital broadcasting network-based automotive electronics technology for global markets.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, SK Telecom, Harman, Chris Ripley, Park Jung-ho, Dinesh Paliwal, ATSC, CES, Digital TV, In-Car, Korea, NABShow, USA, Worldwide
- Eutelsat confirms the successful launch of EUTELSAT 7C
- Comscore and DISH Media surpass 100 DISH and Sling TV addressable ad campaigns
- TDC selects Mediamorph for its Blockbuster VOD services in the Nordics
- Three-quarters of pay TV operators to gain subs
- Block Communications renews with Nielsen for Local TV data
- Kaltura powers Dish TV India's Watcho OTT platform
- Switch Media adds Bitmovin video player to its MediaHQ product suite
- AdScribe supports Publitalia '80 HbbTV advertising in Italy
- SaT5G project demonstrates 5G over satellite use cases
- Sersat enables content delivery across Latin America via SES-14
- Comcast partners with Charter, Cox on addressable advertising
- Conversant uses Verimatrix Secure Cloud for multi-DRM security
- NCC Media and OpenAP announce advanced TV partnership
- ZTE and Orange show 5G in automotive, robotics and entertainment applications
- WarnerMedia chooses AsiaSat for HD distribution in Asia
- INNOPIA announces Vewd OS-based streaming device
- Sky Deutschland and MX1 expand collaboration
- SK Telecom, Ericsson, Nokia and Samsung partner on 5G and evolution to 6G
- Astro Malaysia adopts Broadpeak's multicast ABR technology
- Global advertising market to grow by +5% this year