Digital TV News: National Broadcasting Commission
Trefoil Networks launches OurTV on Nigcomsat 1R
Feb 13, 2020 – OurTV is an African DTH satellite TV service offering 20+ free-to-view channels via its OurTV set-top box or decoder. Protected by Verimatrix, OurTV hybrid STBs offer PVR and allow users to watch YouTube and other OTT.
News categories: Trefoil Networks, OurTV, Africa, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Nigeria, Satellite
Nigeria to switch-on DTT in Kwara and Kaduna states
Dec 18, 2017 – The National Broadcasting Commission of Nigeria will on Wednesday December 20, 2017 and Friday December 22, 2017 switch Kwara and Kaduna States from Analogue transmission to Digital Terrestrial Television transmission.
News categories: National Broadcasting Commission, Is’haq Modibbo Kawu, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Nigeria, Terrestrial
Niger discusses collaboration with Nigeria on digital switch over
Jun 12, 2017 – Nigeria and other ECOWAS Member Countries have agreed to adopt a Common Minimum Standard for Set-Top-Boxes in the Sub-Region, meaning that STBs manufactured in Nigeria can also be available for use in all the ECOWAS Countries.
News categories: National Broadcasting Commission, Digital TV, Niger, Nigeria, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
GatesAir provides turnkey DVB-T2 system for Abuja
Jan 4, 2017 – GatesAir, along with Nigerian channel partner Pinnacle Communications, has announced the build-out and launch of a turnkey DVB-T2 transmission system serving the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja, Nigeria’s capital city.
News categories: GatesAir, Phil Argyris, Dipo Onifade, Sir Lucky Omoluwa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Nigeria, Terrestrial
Inview appoints NAGRA for digital TV launch in Nigeria
Jul 6, 2016 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has been appointed by Inview Nigeria, a subsidiary of Inview Technology Ltd., to secure the Nigerian free-to-air digital TV platform, known as 'Free TV' and support the operator’s transition to digital.
News categories: NAGRA, Inview, Thierry Legrand, Nick Markham, Content Protection, Digital TV, Nigeria, Satellite, Terrestrial
SES moves over 25 million households in Nigeria to digital
May 11, 2016 – SES (Paris;LuxX:SESG) has signed an agreement with Cable Channels Nigeria (CCNL) to provide a video platform, via SES’s prime orbital position at 28.2°E, for the provision of DTT and DTH broadcasting in Nigeria.
News categories: SES S.A, CWG, Ibrahima Guimba-Saidou, James Agada, Mohammed Bawa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Nigeria, Satellite, Terrestrial
Nigeria takes delivery of first DTT set-top boxes
Feb 25, 2016 – Nigeria's National Broadcasting Commission has announced that, ahead of its digital TV switchover trial, it has received the first batch of DTT Set-Top-Boxes, from SMK Engineering Limited and Gospell Digital Technology Limited.
News categories: National Broadcasting Commission, Gospell Digital Technology, Alheri Saidu, Digital TV, Nigeria, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
MTN Nigeria buys DTT broadcasting licence
Sep 16, 2015 – According to Nigeria's National Broadcasting Commission, South Africa's MTN has bought a licence to provide pay TV in the country for 34 billion Naira. MTN Nigeria will use part of the 700MHz frequency band to provide digital broadcasting services.
News categories: National Broadcasting Commission, MTN Nigeria, Digital TV, Nigeria, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Inview to provide DTT set-top box software for Nigeria
Mar 17, 2015 – Nigeria's National Broadcasting Commission has signed an agreement with Inview Technologies for the provision of a National Common Set-Top-Box system. Inview, in collaboration with a consortium of Nigerian broadcasters, will make available software for the provision of key services.
News categories: Inview, National Broadcasting Commission, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Middleware, Nigeria, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- Dailymotion and Huawei Video announce global video partnership
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020