Digital TV News: National Association of Broadcasters
ATEME enable ATSC 3.0 field research at NAB/CTA test site in Cleveland
Dec 18, 2018 – ATEME is enabling real-world ATSC 3.0 field research and testing of next-generation television features at the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB)/Consumer Technology Association (CTA) test station in Cleveland, OH.
News categories: ATEME, Chad Hassler, Dr. Mickael Raulet, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
NAB and CTA to run experimental ATSC 3.0 site in Cleveland, Ohio
Nov 7, 2017 – As the FCC prepares to vote this month to authorize voluntary implementation of the new Next Gen TV broadcast standard, the broadcasting and consumer technology industries are collaborating on a 'living laboratory' ATSC 3.0 test station in Cleveland, Ohio.
News categories: National Association of Broadcasters, Consumer Technology Association, Gordon Smith, Gary Shapiro, Bill VanDuynhoven, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
SES, Fraunhofer HHI and Newtec show 360° VR over DVB-S2X at NABShow
Apr 25, 2017 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG), together with Fraunhofer HHI and Newtec, will demonstrate an immersive Virtual Reality (VR) experience via a live 360-degree Ultra HD VR satellite broadcast at NAB 2017 in Las Vegas.
News categories: SES S.A, Fraunhofer, Newtec, Thomas Wrede, Ralf Schäfer, Hans Massart, Content Distribution, DVB-S2, NABShow, Satellite, USA, VR
Nearly 40% of U.S. broadband households visit video sharing sites weekly
Apr 20, 2017 – Research from Parks Associates reveals that 39% of U.S. broadband households visit a video sharing site like YouTube at least once a week. In total, 59% of U.S. broadband households visit an online video site on a regular basis.
News categories: Parks Associates, Glenn Hower, Digital TV, Market Research, NABShow, OTT, USA
DVEO announces TV APP Maker for OTT channels on Roku or Android
Apr 17, 2017 – DVEO is now shipping their professional application for creating OTT or IPTV channels on Roku or Android set-top boxes. The TV APP Maker™ will be demonstrated in booth SU5724 at the NAB Show, in Las Vegas, Nevada, April 24-27.
News categories: DVEO, Laszlo Zoltan, Apps, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, Set Top Box, Worldwide
FlySwipe adds facial recognition to the TV ad targeting mix
Apr 11, 2017 – Using facial recognition and big data, FlySwipe has developed a technology that can determine which commercial to place in front of a viewing audience based on the groups gender and age.
News categories: FlySwipe, William Delisi, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, NABShow, USA, Worldwide
Comark transmitter and TeamCast exciter for Cleveland ATSC 3.0 trials
Apr 5, 2017 – TeamCast and Comark have announced that the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) & the Consumer Technology Association (CTA) have selected their products for ATSC 3.0 field testing in Cleveland, OH (USA).
News categories: TeamCast, Comark, Eric Pinson, Dick Fiore, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
First live ATSC 3.0 broadcast of a major professional sporting event
Oct 26, 2016 – A local TV station in Cleveland is ushering in the era of Next Gen TV broadcasting with the first live ATSC 3.0 broadcast of a major professional sporting event – Major League Baseball’s World Series.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, Tribune Broadcasting, NAB, Richard Friedel, Bill VanDuynhoven, Sam Matheny, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
FCC consults on ATSC 3.0 physical layer deployment
Apr 26, 2016 – The FCC has been asked to amend its rules to allow broadcasters to begin to use the signaling portion of the physical layer of the new ATSC 3.0 broadcast standard. It has issued a Public Notice to seek comment on the request.
News categories: FCC, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos