Digital TV News: NationalChip
Arteris IP interconnect used by NationalChip for STB SoCs
Feb 5, 2019 – Arteris IP has announced that NationalChip has successfully produced satellite and terrestrial digital TV set top box (STB) systems-on-chip (SoC) using Arteris FlexNoC interconnect IP as the on-chip communication backbone.
News categories: Arteris IP, NationalChip, K. Charles Janac, Feng Ye, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Silicon IP
Dolby Digital Plus Powers China's Terrestrial Broadcast
Jun 29, 2011 – Dolby Laboratories (NYSE: DLB) has announced that Dolby® Digital Plus and Dolby Digital have been selected as optional technologies for China's recently released national DTMB Receiver Specification for set-top boxes and TVs.
News categories: Dolby, China, Digital TV, DTMB, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
2010 Satellite Set Top Box Shipments Down 8% in North American and Western European Regions
Feb 3, 2011 – Shipments of satellite set top boxes declined in 2010 by 8% in both the North American and Western European regions, according to In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Digital TV, DVR, Market Research, Middleware, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Nationalchip Plans to Offer Chip Designs with Dolby Digital Plus for Next-Generation Broadcast Systems
Sep 29, 2010 – Dolby Labs (NYSE:DLB) has announced plans to develop an implementation licensing program in China. The company also stated that it is working with Nationalchip to offer chip designs that support Dolby® Digital Plus.
News categories: Dolby, Nationalchip, China, Licensing, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Global and China Digital STB (Set-top Box) Market Report, 2009
Jan 12, 2010 – In 2009, the overall conversion to digital TV was completed in 177 cities across China, and cable TV subscribers reached 19.9 million. In the cable set-top box (STB) chip market, STMicroelectronics enjoyed the biggest market share.
News categories: ResearchInChina, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, DTMB, DVR, Market Research, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial
China is Now the Bastion of Global Digital STB Manufacturing
Jun 5, 2008 – China is now the bastion of global digital STB manufacturing with over 200 STB assembly service providers in 2007. Chinese STB IC makers have only a limited market share and most are focusing on domestically developed Chinese standards.
News categories: Market Intelligence Center, China, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Worldwide Leading Satellite STB IC Makers' Product Development Strategy
Feb 27, 2008 – As digital satellite TV services have taken off, the satellite TV Set Top Box (STB) has become the mainstream STB type; global shipments of digital satellite TV STBs in 2007 totaled 72.2 million units.
News categories: Market Intelligence Center, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Telcos to dominate Western European pay TV
- Roku introduces analytics and planning tools for OTT advertisers
- IHS Markit and Informa to exchange business units
- Evergent and Synamedia partner to power and monetize video experience
- TiVo integrates demographics, ad airings, and mobile devices into TV Viewership Data
- Fraunhofer IIS licenses MPEG-H audio patents to LG
- AminoTV deployed on multi-tenant platform at DELTA and Caiway
- China Smart Speaker surge puts Baidu, Alibaba, Xiaomi in reach of Amazon and Google
- SpotX and Jukin Media partner for connected TV monetization
- OTT monitoring and compliance market to expand at a CAGR of 15.8%
- Sony’s first 8K TVs go on sale in early June
- Wirecard provides international payment services for BluTV
- SUPER RTL selects 3SS for Kividoo Kids service relaunch
- Rakuten LIVE interactive streaming service launched
- Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
- IoT now numbers 22 billion devices, but where is the revenue?
- Insys Video automates celebrity identification and inappropriate content detection
- HbbTV Association adds seven new members
- Beximco launches AKASH DTH in Bangladesh
- b<>com and Viaccess-Orca partner to detect video piracy