Digital TV News: NationalChip
Arteris IP interconnect used by NationalChip for STB SoCs
Feb 5, 2019 – Arteris IP has announced that NationalChip has successfully produced satellite and terrestrial digital TV set top box (STB) systems-on-chip (SoC) using Arteris FlexNoC interconnect IP as the on-chip communication backbone.
News categories: Arteris IP, NationalChip, K. Charles Janac, Feng Ye, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Silicon IP
Dolby Digital Plus Powers China's Terrestrial Broadcast
Jun 29, 2011 – Dolby Laboratories (NYSE: DLB) has announced that Dolby® Digital Plus and Dolby Digital have been selected as optional technologies for China's recently released national DTMB Receiver Specification for set-top boxes and TVs.
News categories: Dolby, China, Digital TV, DTMB, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
2010 Satellite Set Top Box Shipments Down 8% in North American and Western European Regions
Feb 3, 2011 – Shipments of satellite set top boxes declined in 2010 by 8% in both the North American and Western European regions, according to In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Digital TV, DVR, Market Research, Middleware, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Nationalchip Plans to Offer Chip Designs with Dolby Digital Plus for Next-Generation Broadcast Systems
Sep 29, 2010 – Dolby Labs (NYSE:DLB) has announced plans to develop an implementation licensing program in China. The company also stated that it is working with Nationalchip to offer chip designs that support Dolby® Digital Plus.
News categories: Dolby, Nationalchip, China, Licensing, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Global and China Digital STB (Set-top Box) Market Report, 2009
Jan 12, 2010 – In 2009, the overall conversion to digital TV was completed in 177 cities across China, and cable TV subscribers reached 19.9 million. In the cable set-top box (STB) chip market, STMicroelectronics enjoyed the biggest market share.
News categories: ResearchInChina, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, DTMB, DVR, Market Research, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial
China is Now the Bastion of Global Digital STB Manufacturing
Jun 5, 2008 – China is now the bastion of global digital STB manufacturing with over 200 STB assembly service providers in 2007. Chinese STB IC makers have only a limited market share and most are focusing on domestically developed Chinese standards.
News categories: Market Intelligence Center, China, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Worldwide Leading Satellite STB IC Makers' Product Development Strategy
Feb 27, 2008 – As digital satellite TV services have taken off, the satellite TV Set Top Box (STB) has become the mainstream STB type; global shipments of digital satellite TV STBs in 2007 totaled 72.2 million units.
News categories: Market Intelligence Center, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event