Digital TV News: Netflix
Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
Jan 21, 2020 – Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) has released its fourth-quarter 2019 financial results by posting them to its website. Global paid net additions totaled 8.8m in Q4. During the quarter, the company surpassed 100 million paid memberships outside the US.
News categories: Netflix, Reed Hastings, Greg Peters, Ted Sarandos, Spence Neumann, Digital TV, OTT, Results, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
Jan 21, 2020 – In 2019, U.S. consumers watched about 20 minutes more streamed TV content per week on Netflix than they did in 2018. Weekly time spent watching the top two SVOD services rose 7%, growing from 3 hours 45 minutes in 2018 to 4 hours 6 minutes in 2019, according to The NPD Group.
News categories: NPD, Kathi Chandler-Payatt, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
Jan 21, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that it is partnering with AOC to bring the AOC Roku TV to consumers in Brazil. The TV will offer consumers a smart TV experience that is easy to use, with great streaming entertainment at an affordable price.
News categories: Roku, TPV, Globoplay, G2C Globo, Anthony Wood, Arthur van Rest, Andre Romanon, Erick Brêtas, Fernando Ramos, Brazil, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV
App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
Jan 15, 2020 – App Annie has released its State of Mobile 2020 report. The annual appraisal provides insight into mobile's expansive impact across industries and the global economy, highlighting publishers and brands that are outperforming their peers.
News categories: App Annie, Theodore Krantz, Kathleen Gambarelli, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
Jan 14, 2020 – According to Acumen Research and Consulting, the global Android TV market is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 20% over the forecast period 2019 to 2026 and expected to reach the market value of over US$ 231 billion by 2026.
News categories: Acumen Research and Consulting, Android TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024
Jan 14, 2020 – South Korea’s IPTV revenue is set to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% for the period 2019-2024, according to GlobalData. The country's IPTV service revenue is expected to reach US$3.8bn with a subscriber base of 19.26 million in 2024.
News categories: GlobalData, Akash Jatwala, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Market Research, Subscribers
African SVOD revenues to sextuple
Jan 13, 2020 – Digital TV Research forecasts 9.72 million SVOD subscriptions by 2025, up from 2.68 million at end-2019. South Africa (3.24 million by 2025) will remain the subscription leader, with Nigeria (2.14 million) in second place.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Africa, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
Hisense revamps its VIDAA Smart TV platform
Jan 7, 2020 – Hisense has launched a completely revamped version of its VIDAA Smart TV platform. The updated platform, with a new UI and integration of content providers, puts the user and their habits at the center of the TV experience.
News categories: Hisense, Dr. Lan Lin, Apps, CES2020, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
TiVo unveils 'TiVo Stream 4K' box with Sling TV built-in
Jan 7, 2020 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced TiVo Stream 4K, a streamer with live TV and Cloud DVR from the Sling TV app, plus leading content services. TiVo Stream 4K will launch with Sling TV as the preferred source for subscription TV.
News categories: TiVo, Sling TV, Dave Shull, Warren Schlichting, Tom Williams, Apps, CES2020, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA