Digital TV News: Netflix
Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
Dec 5, 2019 – Atlantic Broadband has announced that it has partnered with TiVo to deliver the Prime Video app to select TiVo devices. Atlantic Broadband was among the first multi-system cable operators in the U.S. to launch a TiVo gateway in 2013.
News categories: Atlantic Broadband, TiVo, Amazon Prime Video, Heather McCallion, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
Dec 4, 2019 – Netflix and YouTube may be the video platforms US adults are watching most, but their days at the top may be numbered. New services such as Disney+, HBO Max and Apple TV+ will fragment digital video viewing time even further, according to eMarketer.
News categories: eMarketer, Ross Benes, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
Dec 2, 2019 – Roy Morgan research shows that over 14.5 million Australians now have access to some form of Pay TV/Subscription TV, up 8.2% on a year ago. The combined audience for these services is almost 70% of the Australian population.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Michele Levine, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research
WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware
Nov 27, 2019 – WIND Hellas announced the launch of its cloud-based recording service. The Android TV solution is built and operated by Zappware as a turnkey service and has been rolled out to all WIND VISION users.
News categories: Zappware, WIND Hellas, Patrick Vos, Hermann Riedl, Android TV, Digital TV, Greece, IPTV, UX
Six in ten UK households use streaming services
Nov 27, 2019 – Six in ten households (61%) in the UK currently watch streaming services, rising to more than three quarters (77%) of 18- to 34-year-olds. More than four in ten (41%) over-55s also signed up to at least one provider, according to research from uSwitch.com.
News categories: uSwitch, Dani Warner, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, UK
Hisense Roku TV models now available in UK
Nov 22, 2019 – Hisense and Roku have announced that Hisense Roku TV models will be available in the UK. Recently announced at IFA 2019, these smart TVs are powered by the Roku OS, offering consumers a premium TV experience at an affordable price.
News categories: Roku, Hisense, Bart Bomers, Arun Bhatoye, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, UK
VIZIO SmartCast TVs to get Chromecast built-in update with Disney+ support
Nov 19, 2019 – VIZIO has announced a Chromecast built-in update, rolling out from December, that will allow users to cast Disney+ content to their VIZIO SmartCast TVs. Viewers can already watch content from the Disney+ app using Apple AirPlay 2.
News categories: VIZIO, Bill Baxter, Digital TV
Swisscom IPTV media streaming box powered by Synaptics
Nov 18, 2019 – Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA) has announced that the new Swisscom Entertainment OS 4 STB is built on its far-field voice (FFV) IPTV reference design. The design integrates Synaptics' multimedia processor with FFV and a custom wake word to support Swisscom’s assistant.
News categories: Synaptics, Swisscom, Saleel Awsare, Peter Fregelius, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Switzerland
Mirada interim results for the six months to 30 September 2019
Nov 18, 2019 – Mirada (AIM: MIRA) has announced results for the six months to 30 September 2019. izzi Telecom further increased its adoption of Mirada's technology during the period, with a high increase in both the installation rate of STBs and number of households using Mirada products.
News categories: Mirada, Digital TV, Middleware, Results, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware