Digital TV News: NexGuard
SmarDTV offers NAGRA NexGuard watermarking for CI Plus modules
Sep 3, 2019 – SmarDTV Global, in collaboration with NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S), has announced a watermarking solution available on Conditional Access Modules (CAM). The combined solution provides the highest degree of assurance to content owners.
News categories: SmarDTV, NAGRA, Hervé Mathieu, Jean-Philippe Plantevin, CAM, Digital TV, IBC2019, Watermarking, Worldwide
Studio Canal deploys NAGRA's NexGuard watermarking
May 7, 2019 – Studio Canal has deployed NexGuard forensic watermarking from NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) to protect the international distribution of its content. NexGuard allows Studio Canal to embed a watermark in each pre-release asset.
News categories: NAGRA, Studio Canal, Jean-Philippe Plantevin, Jean-Pierre Boiget, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Watermarking, Worldwide
Limelight shows sub-second live video streaming and online video innovations at NAB 2019
Apr 8, 2019 – At NAB 2019, Limelight (Nasdaq: LLNW) will show Limelight Realtime Streaming, its sub-second live video streaming solution. Limelight will also highlight video delivery services to help maximize advertising revenue from online video and combat piracy of video assets.
News categories: Limelight, Nigel Burmeister, Peder Drege, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, Watermarking, Worldwide
Telefónica deploys NAGRA content protection on Movistar IPTV worldwide
Jan 8, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Telefónica has deployed the NAGRA Security Services Platform (SSP) managing the NAGRA Connect client to secure its Movistar IPTV service and 4K Ultra HD content in multiple countries with newest STBs.
News categories: NAGRA, Telefónica, Maurice Van Riek, CES2020, Content Protection, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Latin America, Set Top Box
Novatek TV chipsets to natively support NAGRA Connect and TVkey Cloud
Jan 7, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Novatek have announced that Novatek’s next generation TV chipsets will natively support both NAGRA Connect and TVkey Cloud. NAGRA Connect and TVkey Cloud are managed from the NAGRA Cloud.SSP Security-as-a-Service platform.
News categories: NAGRA, Novatek, Maurice Van Riek, J.H. Chang, CES2020, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
NexGuard forensic watermarking integrated with Amazon Cloudfront CDN
Nov 19, 2018 – NAGRA's NexGuard watermarking has been integrated with Amazon's Cloudfront CDN. The combination has been deployed by a major Hollywood studio, enabling the content owner to securely stream its video content to viewers across the world.
News categories: NAGRA, Amazon, Harrie Tholen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Watermarking, Worldwide
NAGRA and Samsung launch TVkey Cloud smart TV security
Sep 14, 2018 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S), with Samsung, has announced the launch of TVkey Cloud, the next generation Enhanced Content Protection for Smart TVs equipped with TVkey hardware based root of trust. TVkey Cloud builds on the existing TVkey specification deployed in the market today.
News categories: NAGRA, Samsung, Maurice Van Riek, CAM, Digital TV, IBC2019, Smart TV, Worldwide
Conax content protection supports Cignal TV’s growth in the Philippines
Sep 13, 2018 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Cignal TV in the Philippines has reached two million subscribers. Cignal TV delivers multiple format TV and hybrid services to a range of set-top-boxes with security based on Conax' cardless solution.
News categories: Conax, Cignal TV, Stéphane Le Dréau, Jane Basas, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2019, Philippines, Satellite
NAGRA offers end-to-end content value protection ecosystem for Android TV
Sep 13, 2018 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced support for Android TV with an end-to-end content value protection ecosystem. NAGRA has expanded support for Android TV via an ecosystem driven from cloud.SSP, its cloud-enabled Security Services Platform.
News categories: NAGRA, Maurice Van Riek, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2019, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation