Digital TV News: NexPlayer
NexPlayer and Videon workflow supports low latency and synchronized video arrival time
Apr 3, 2019 – NexPlayer and Videon have announced support for the synchronization of OTT video arrival times for all end users, featuring interoperability between NexPlayer's Android and iOS player SDKs, AWS Elemental MediaStore and Amazon CloudFront, and Videon's edge compute encoders.
News categories: Videon, NexPlayer, Todd Erdley, Carlos Lucas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow, Worldwide
NexPlayer and WeTek develop E2E OTT solution supporting Widevine DRM
Mar 15, 2019 – WeTek and NexPlayer have partnered to create an end-to-end OTT platform supporting Widevine DRM with both HLS and DASH. The solution can be deployed on Android, iOS, Android TVs, Android STBs, Samsung Tizen, LG webOS, and HTML5.
News categories: WeTek, NexPlayer, Hugo Condesa, Carlos Lucas, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, Worldwide
NexPlayer now supporting Android TV, Samsung TV and LG TV
Sep 4, 2018 – NexPlayer has developed a state-of-the-art video player for Smart TVs. NexPlayer allows its customers to manage one player for all Smart TV devices, enabling advanced functionalities and making life easier for media organizations everywhere.
News categories: NexPlayer, Carlos Lucas, Digital TV, IBC2019, Media Player, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
NexPlayer integrates video player SDKs with Edgeware CDN products
Jun 22, 2018 – NexPlayer and Edgeware have announced a new integration, creating a joint low latency platform that connects the NexPlayer video player SDKs for Android and iOS with Edgeware’s TV Content Delivery Network (CDN) architecture.
News categories: Edgeware, NexPlayer, Johan Bolin, Carlos Lucas, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile
Yospace, NexPlayer integration helps monetise live streams on HTML5 platforms
Jan 18, 2018 – Yospace and NexStreaming have announced that Yospace’s HTML5 SDK has been pre-integrated into the NexPlayer HTML5 player, allowing Yospace’s Server-Side Dynamic Ad Insertion to be accompanied by real-time, client-side tracking.
News categories: Yospace, NexStreaming, David Springall, Carlos Lucas, Advertising, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, Worldwide
NexPlayer HTML5 player now compatible with Conviva QoE platform
Nov 20, 2017 – NexStreaming has announced that its NexPlayer HTML5 player is fully compatible with the Conviva Video AI Platform. The pre-integrated solution combines HLS & DASH streaming across all browsers and devices with accurate analytics.
News categories: NexStreaming, Conviva, Carlos Lucas, Aditya Ganjam, Big Data, Digital TV, HTML5, Media Player, OTT, QoE, Worldwide
NexStreaming pre-integrates Jump Data-as-a-Service platform
Mar 21, 2017 – NexStreaming has announced that NexPlayer SDK is pre-integrated with the Jump DaaS (Data as a Service) Platform. Video service providers will now deliver the best user experience with their video apps while providing a complete Insights platform for NexStreaming customers.
News categories: Jump, NexStreaming, Jerónimo Macanás, Jesús Herrero, Carlos Lucas, Big Data, Digital TV, Media Player, Video Exchange, Worldwide
NexStreaming releases NexPlayer SDK for Samsung TIZEN Smart TVs
Feb 14, 2017 – NexStreaming has announced the release of NexPlayer for Tizen, a player SDK for Tizen-based apps, allowing video service providers to make their apps work on Samsung Smart TVs with the highest video quality and the most advanced features set.
News categories: NexStreaming, Samsung, Tizen, Carlos Lucas, Digital TV, Media Player, MWC19, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
NexPlayer SDK fully compatible with Yospace
Jan 3, 2017 – NexStreaming has announced that its NexPlayer SDK supports Yospace’s Dynamic Ad Insertion platform. From now on, video service providers and broadcasters will be able to monetise their video apps and ensure their viewers enjoy the best user experience.
News categories: NexStreaming, Yospace, Carlos Lucas, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile
- ITV and BBC sign agreement to launch BritBox
- Inca ABR transcoder approved for MOBITV CONNECT deployments
- UK CE market forecast to grow 4% in 2019
- Liberty Global Vodafone deal approved by European Commission
- ATEME and Eurovision Services run BISS-CA watermarking trial
- Netflix US streaming subscribers down 126k in 2Q 2019
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
- One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
- Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution
- Vodafone Portugal enhances the TV user experience
- Mirada to empower pay TV operators with Netflix integration
- DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita
- Socionext releases 8K-capable live video encoding unit
- Speedcast, In Aria! and Telespazio announce joint service offering
- Operator 5G boosted by strong projections for 5G PCs and tablets
- Block Communications to use Comscore local TV ratings and Advanced Audiences
- 27% of US broadband households engage in some form of piracy or account sharing
- Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
- NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
- U.S. consumer technology sales to exceed $400bn in 2019