Digital TV News: Nilo Mitra
Open IPTV Forum and HbbTV Association merge
Jun 17, 2014 – The members of the Open IPTV Forum and the HbbTV Association have announced that they have merged their future activities into a single organization within the legal structure of the HbbTV Association.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Open IPTV Forum, Nilo Mitra, Klaus Illgner, HbbTV, IPTV, Middleware, Worldwide
Open IPTV Forum publishes HTML5 profile for Connected TVs
Jun 4, 2013 – The Open IPTV Forum (OIPF) has published a profile of HTML5, CSS, DOM3 and other related web technologies aimed at connected TV services and devices that implement a browser-based application environment.
News categories: Open IPTV Forum, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV
Open IPTV Forum commissions Digital TV Labs to provide OIPF test suite
Dec 5, 2012 – Digital TV Labs has announced that the OIPF - Open IPTV Forum - has commissioned the company to develop a test suite and associated test harness to enable the certification of OIPF-conformant IPTV, OTT and hybrid devices.
News categories: Digital TV Labs, Open IPTV Forum, IPTV, QoE, Set Top Box
OIPF and HbbTV collaborate on testing of common technologies
Sep 7, 2012 – The Open IPTV Forum (OIPF) and the Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV) Consortium have announced their collaboration on the testing of technologies common to IPTV and enhanced broadcast environments.
News categories: Open IPTV Forum, Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV, HbbTV, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV
OIPF publishes update to IPTV industry specifications
Jul 6, 2011 – The Open IPTV Forum has announced publication of an update to Release 2 of the global end-to-end Specifications for IPTV. Release 2 v2.1 is a major step forward for end-to-end interoperability within the IPTV ecosystem.
News categories: Open IPTV Forum, Apps, CAM, Conditional Access, Content Protection, DVR, IBCShowcase, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Smart Home
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5