Digital TV News: Nitin Bhas
Video to account for 60% of mobile data traffic in 2017
Dec 6, 2016 – A study from Juniper Research has forecast that annual cellular data traffic, generated by smartphones, tablets, connected cars, and other M2M modules, will reach 129,000 PB (Petabytes) by 2018.
News categories: Juniper Research, Nitin Bhas, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
5G service revenues to exceed $65bn globally by 2025
Aug 5, 2015 – Juniper Research predicts that 5G will act as a catalyst for a wide range of consumer and enterprise experiences, including both data intensive and energy efficient applications, high definition 4K-8K video, self-driving cars, virtual reality, and a sensory/tactile internet.
News categories: Juniper Research, Nitin Bhas, 5G, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, TV Everywhere, Worldwide
Internet Connected TVs to Reach 650m by 2017
Aug 1, 2012 – Juniper Research has forecast that the number of residential TVs connected to the Internet via different platforms such as Blu-ray players, STBs and consoles, and also via built in wireless or Ethernet connectivity, will reach almost 650 million by 2017.
News categories: Juniper Research, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Smart Home, Smart TV
Smart Home Revenues to reach almost $60bn by 2017, Driven by Connected Entertainment
Jun 20, 2012 – A new report from Juniper Research has valued the 'Smart Home' market at $60bn by 2017, rising from $25 billion this year - driven by strong growth within the Smart Home Entertainment segment, along with contributions from other segments.
News categories: Juniper Research, Market Research, OTT, Smart Home
- FourthWall Media adds Neilsen Smart TV ACR data to analytics platform
- TDS Telecom rolls-out IP video and Cloud DVR with Velocix
- A1now selects Vionlabs for AI-powered recommendations
- Global AVOD expenditure to double
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
- Disney+ and Apple TV+ both see success during first six months in the market
- Comcast, Charter and ViacomCBS announce Blockgraph partnership
- Britbox app now available on BT TV set-top boxes
- Conviva partners with Akamai on QoE intelligence
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Bouygues Telecom replaces set-top box with Smart TV app
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey