Digital TV News: Nitin Bhas
Video to account for 60% of mobile data traffic in 2017
Dec 6, 2016 – A study from Juniper Research has forecast that annual cellular data traffic, generated by smartphones, tablets, connected cars, and other M2M modules, will reach 129,000 PB (Petabytes) by 2018.
News categories: Juniper Research, Nitin Bhas, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
5G service revenues to exceed $65bn globally by 2025
Aug 5, 2015 – Juniper Research predicts that 5G will act as a catalyst for a wide range of consumer and enterprise experiences, including both data intensive and energy efficient applications, high definition 4K-8K video, self-driving cars, virtual reality, and a sensory/tactile internet.
News categories: Juniper Research, Nitin Bhas, 5G, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, TV Everywhere, Worldwide
Internet Connected TVs to Reach 650m by 2017
Aug 1, 2012 – Juniper Research has forecast that the number of residential TVs connected to the Internet via different platforms such as Blu-ray players, STBs and consoles, and also via built in wireless or Ethernet connectivity, will reach almost 650 million by 2017.
News categories: Juniper Research, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Smart Home, Smart TV
Smart Home Revenues to reach almost $60bn by 2017, Driven by Connected Entertainment
Jun 20, 2012 – A new report from Juniper Research has valued the 'Smart Home' market at $60bn by 2017, rising from $25 billion this year - driven by strong growth within the Smart Home Entertainment segment, along with contributions from other segments.
News categories: Juniper Research, Market Research, OTT, Smart Home
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos
- Sri Lanka Telecom selects partner ecosystem to deploy TV Everywhere
- BexCom selects Irdeto to secure AKASH DTH platform
- VIEWMEDIA to broadcast to West Africa on AMOS-17 at 17°E
- Skyworth partners with SERAPHIC to launch Android HbbTV smart TVs