Digital TV News: Nitin Bhas
Video to account for 60% of mobile data traffic in 2017
Dec 6, 2016 – A study from Juniper Research has forecast that annual cellular data traffic, generated by smartphones, tablets, connected cars, and other M2M modules, will reach 129,000 PB (Petabytes) by 2018.
News categories: Juniper Research, Nitin Bhas, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
5G service revenues to exceed $65bn globally by 2025
Aug 5, 2015 – Juniper Research predicts that 5G will act as a catalyst for a wide range of consumer and enterprise experiences, including both data intensive and energy efficient applications, high definition 4K-8K video, self-driving cars, virtual reality, and a sensory/tactile internet.
News categories: Juniper Research, Nitin Bhas, 5G, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, TV Everywhere, Worldwide
Internet Connected TVs to Reach 650m by 2017
Aug 1, 2012 – Juniper Research has forecast that the number of residential TVs connected to the Internet via different platforms such as Blu-ray players, STBs and consoles, and also via built in wireless or Ethernet connectivity, will reach almost 650 million by 2017.
News categories: Juniper Research, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Smart Home, Smart TV
Smart Home Revenues to reach almost $60bn by 2017, Driven by Connected Entertainment
Jun 20, 2012 – A new report from Juniper Research has valued the 'Smart Home' market at $60bn by 2017, rising from $25 billion this year - driven by strong growth within the Smart Home Entertainment segment, along with contributions from other segments.
News categories: Juniper Research, Market Research, OTT, Smart Home
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Dish TV India adds 42,000 subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019
- Swisscom Box integrates voice assistant for TV and smart home control
- INNOPIA, Amlogic and Verimatrix offer Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid platform
- EU cable revenue hits all-time high of €24 billion in 2018
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching
- Orange launches Djingo voice assistant
- Netflix and Nickelodeon form multi-year output deal
- Fincons to present Smart Digital Platform compatible with both HbbTV and ATSC 3.0
- Telefónica announces Movistar Living Apps for its STBs
- Sunrise terminates plan to buy UPC Switzerland
- Astro Malaysia releases Astro Ultra Box
- DVB approves DVB-I specification
- Partner Communications selects Broadpeak for server-side ad insertion
- Irdeto and Amlogic launch Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid STB platform
- INNOPIA becomes Netflix Hailstorm Hybrid partner with Synaptics and NAGRA
- Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV