Digital TV News: Noah Horowitz
U.S. STB energy efficiency agreement saves $3.5 billion
Aug 9, 2018 – Consumers have saved $3.5 billion, and more than 20 million metric tons of CO2 emissions have been avoided as a result of the voluntary set-top box energy conservation agreement among pay-TV providers, manufacturers and energy efficiency advocates, according to D+R International.
News categories: CTA, ACEEE, NRDC, NCTA, D+R International, Doug Johnson, Jennifer Amann, Noah Horowitz, Neal Goldberg, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
Energy efficient STBs saved US consumers $646m in 2015
Aug 9, 2016 – Consumers saved approximately $646 million in energy costs in 2015 as a result of the voluntary set-top box energy conservation agreement among U.S. pay-TV providers, consumer technology manufacturers and energy efficiency advocates.
News categories: Natural Resources Defense Council, Noah Horowitz, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, USA
Ultra HD TVs could add $1 billion to U.S. viewers' annual energy bills
Nov 17, 2015 – The latest Ultra HD TVs use 30% more energy than their HD predecessors, which could add $1 billion to U.S. viewers' annual utility bills if energy-saving improvements are not expanded, according to the Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC).
News categories: Natural Resources Defense Council, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, USA
Energy efficient set-top boxes saving hundreds of millions of dollars
Aug 28, 2014 – A new report released shows that the voluntary set-top box energy conservation agreement between the pay-TV industry, consumer electronics manufacturers and energy efficiency advocates has saved American consumers approximately $168 million in energy bills.
News categories: CEA, Natural Resources Defense Council, NCTA, Noah Horowitz, Michael Powell, Gary Shapiro, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
U.S. Energy Dept., Pay TV industry and energy efficiency groups announce STB energy conservation agreement
Dec 23, 2013 – The U.S. Energy Department, NRDC, ACEEE, ASAP, CEA and the NCTA have announced non-regulatory energy efficiency standards for pay-TV set-top boxes that will result in energy savings for more than 90 million U.S. homes.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, NCTA, Energy Department, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
CableLabs®-Energy Lab Tests Verify Significant Set-Top Power Savings from 'Light Sleep' Mode
Mar 19, 2012 – Digital set-top boxes being deployed by the U.S. cable industry this year are projected to offer energy savings of 20 percent or more when the devices shift into a new 'light sleep' mode, according to recent evaluations by CableLabs-Energy Lab.
News categories: CableLabs, Cable TV, Set Top Box, USA
DVR, Cable and Satellite Boxes Waste $2 Billion of Electricity Every Year in U.S.
Jun 14, 2011 – NRDC and Ecos have found that in 2010 the electricity required to operate all U.S. set-top boxes resulted in 16 million metric tons of carbon dioxide emissions, and cost households more than $3 billion.
News categories: NRDC, Cable TV, DVR, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
- Comcast partners with Charter, Cox on addressable advertising
- Conversant uses Verimatrix Secure Cloud for multi-DRM security
- NCC Media and OpenAP announce advanced TV partnership
- ZTE and Orange show 5G in automotive, robotics and entertainment applications
- WarnerMedia chooses AsiaSat for HD distribution in Asia
- INNOPIA announces Vewd OS-based streaming device
- Sky Deutschland and MX1 expand collaboration
- SK Telecom, Ericsson, Nokia and Samsung partner on 5G and evolution to 6G
- Astro Malaysia adopts Broadpeak's multicast ABR technology
- Global advertising market to grow by +5% this year
- UniqCast to deliver turnkey hybrid TV solution to Mawarid Electronics
- Comcast launches eye-control for the television
- Anevia powers SKYmedia’s Sky GO OTT video service
- Brightcove publishes Asia OTT TV research report
- IQIYI reaches content distribution agreement with Astro Malaysia
- Harmonic enables Guangdong Radio and Television's UHD broadcasts
- Verimatrix and moTV.eu provide hybrid platform for Mongolsat Networks
- American Well and Cisco to expand telehealth in the home, via the TV
- SERAPHIC and CVTE offer customisable Freeview Play 4K TV solution
- TVB deploys Harmonic content-aware encoding on Hong Kong OTT platform